Chapter 01

_______________

Gun

I glanced over at the overflowing shopping cart in front of me. Hell, I'd only went to the store for some milk and he knew who was responsible for this.

“Chimon Phunsawat, get your ass over here.” A little old lady gasped at my roughness.

“Sorry.”

A little dwarf with dark brown hair came running down the hall with as many cereal boxes as his little arms could carry, my seven-year-old heartthrob.

He somehow found space in the cart for all the boxes and smiled at me.

“I have everything on the list, we can go now.”

“Let me see that list,” I replied, holding one hand in the air while putting the other on my hip.

“Dad…” He tapped his temple with his index finger.

“Everything is here already.”

“Damn, you little know-it-all,” I growled.

He raised his hand, shaking his fingers. I huffed and took a dollar out of my pocket and dropped it. We had a no-curse rule and it’s really making my son earn a fortune.

“Thanks dad,” he said happily.

“Yes, yes,” I replied as a high-pitched sound of a crying child drifted through the air.

“Time to go.” I announced, pushing the cart towards the checkout line. We were getting to the end of the hall when someone bumped their cart into mine.

“Could you check where you are going?” The bitch blurted out loud enough that I can hear it over the screams of the little girl in her stroller.

“Look where…” I made a surprised face.

“Oh my gosh, that's a brilliant idea! Thanks!” Even without cursing, sarcasm cost me nothing.

“Let's go, Chim.”

“Excuse me?” The woman replied, clearly offended as she started ranting so loudly that I doubt dogs can still hear him.

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, but my little one seemed to have other plans as he walked over to the woman's cart and offered the crying little girl a lollipop, this boy, he always bring one or two on hand.

“Please do not cry.”

The little girl stopped crying, silently whimpering as she took the candy. Seems like my boy had super powers.

“Come on Chim” I said softly and this time he followed me.

“You're a pretty cool kid, you know that?” I messed up his soft hair. “Now help me unload all this junk.”

We did a quick job of unloading the cart, and with a swipe of my credit card, we were out of there. I lifted the door on the back of my monster truck and Chim helped me put all the unnecessary goodies in the back as I watched him closely push the cart into place.

“For the love of God, can you shut up?!”
Oh great, the neurotic and the poor crying girl are here outside too.

“Don't talk to her like that!” A child about the size of Chim, yelled at her.

The beast looked at the little boy with fire in her eyes as she buried her claws in his little arm.

“You. Do. Not. Yell. At. Me.”

“Don’t touch me!” The little boy groaned. “You are hurting me!”

Chim stood next to me, his eyes showing concern as he watched the scene, “Dad?”