Chapter 09

_______________

Off

I changed into a pair of shorts and a shirt before leaving my office.

“I'll be out for the rest of the day.”

White snorted.

“You find out that your boyfriend writes pornography and you can't get to him fast enough.”

Boyfriend. I'm sure Gun would frown on that word, but I thought it fit the bill perfectly.

I could call him that in my head.

“I'll be sure to say hello to the Diloknawarit and tell them that you send your regards.” He shuddered at this. “Have a nice day, White,” I smiled.

“Sure, sure,” he muttered as I walked out of the building.

Earlier, when I went to drop off the kids, I had a chance to meet Shredder.

When Gun called him a beast, he was just exaggerating a little bit because the dog was slightly bigger than Alice.

I spent the first part of my day designing the sketches for his new house.

Afterwards, I borrowed Tay's Jeep and stopped by the tool shop before heading to Gun's house.

I rang the doorbell, and as usual, no one answered.

That didn't matter now that I had a key, so I went inside on my own.

I didn't hear any noise so I figured they would be in the back.

I walked through the house and froze when I saw Gun. He was crawling on the floor with a squirt gun in his hands, he had black stripes on his face that made him look so tough, as if he was ready for a battle or to play soccer.

I cleared my throat, causing his entire body to shrink, then, he realized it was me.

“Jumpol! You scared me to death!”

I kept watching with an amused smile. “What the hell are you doing?”

He made a face. “This is my home. Don't judge me.” His eyes widened when we heard footsteps.

“Down!” he whispered urgently.

Before I knew it, my legs had been pulled.

“I'm sorry,” he whispered, hearing me moan.

“What the hell, Atthaphan?” I growled, hitting the floor this hard hadn't been pleasant.

“Be quiet,” he hissed. “They will hear to you.”

We remained crouched on the floor while the boys looked for us.

“Gun!” Theo crooned. “Get out, get out wherever you are!”

“Shredder!” That was Chimon. “Find daddy, boy.”

Gun cursed softly. “Those little cheats.”

Before he could escape, the Shredder came running across the room with Chimon, Theo, and Alice running after him, each armed with their own squirt gun.

Gun tried to fight back, but there were too many and since I was next to him, I ended up just as wet as him.

“Aw,” Alice said. “It's empty.”

She pulled the trigger on her pistol again, but nothing came out.

“Okay, let's reload,” Chimon said. “Oh, hello, Off!”

They left as fast as they arrived.

I turned to see Gun gasping against the wall.

“So this is what you do when I'm at work.”