Chapter 14

_______________

Gun

"Uncle White, why are you walking funny?" Chimon asked as White practically limped into the kitchen for a cup of coffee.

"I rode a horse," he growled.

I almost spit out my breakfast, but managed to compose myself.

"It must have been a great horse," I replied quietly.

"What did you say?" White asked, looking at me carefully.

"Nothing," I smiled. "Come on guys. We have to go buy some school supplies."

Both Teo and Chimon groaned.

"Don't do that to me. At least New made sure you guys were in the same classes."

Having connections with the school principal was pretty good for me.

Teo carried his plate to the sink as he spoke, "I hope we never have to visit his office, he can be scary."

"What about you, Miss Alice?" I asked, wiping the syrup off her face. "Are you ready for preschool?"

She wrinkled his nose and shook her head. "Can I stay home with you?"

I smiled and rubbed our noses.

"Why don't you give it a try for a few days? You'll make a lot of friends."

"But what if I don’t?" She asked.

"Then I'll kidnap you," I promised.

That seemed to appease her, so she joined the boys and we went to the garage.

Before we left the house, White yelled, "Hey! Get some mouse traps, will you?"
I only chuckled as I hurried towards the truck.

I don't think any of us were excited to go shopping for school supplies.

Chimon was walking next to me with Tim on the other side, and Alice was sitting in the shopping cart.

I was holding the list in my hand.

"For what diamonds do you need four boxes of tissues each?"

I was getting better choosing my words in front of them.

"For colds?" Alice suggested.

I shrugged and tossed the tissues into the cart.

Off was probably going to be irritated that I bought all their things, but I planned to send Chimon with him and Tim to collect the uniforms he had had made.

Chimon took his time choosing the perfect backpack.

"This depresses me."

I rolled my eyes. What child talks that way?

"Maybe we should get some pizza." He continued.

"The faster you choose a backpack, the faster we'll go," I agreed.

Quickly, he grabbed a green backpack and tossed it into the car while Teo had chosen the same one in blue.

Just as I finished loading everything into the truck, I heard a vehicle pull away in a space next to me.

"Idiot!"

"Get in the truck!" I tossed the cart aside and quickly helped Alice into the backseat with the boys.

"Atthaphan Phunsawat!" Frank yelled.

"You owe us money?" Teo asked.

I put on my best innocent smile and turned around.