Chapter 15

_______________

Off

This had been, without a doubt, the most memorable camping trip.

Tay couldn't believe his lake monster story had come to life, but even though it had been the most fucking creepy thing, he now thought it had been cool and I was happy that I hadn't had to go to bed without my goodnight kiss from Gun.

"I like to pee in the woods," Chimon admitted.

"Me too!" Teo said. "I almost hit that squirrel!"

I laughed and shook my head.

Boys will always be boys.

It was very early in the morning, but everyone was already awake.

Sleeping in a tent was maybe fun, but nothing can be compared to our comfortable beds, we were all a little spoiled.

"I made breakfast!" Singto announced, pulling out a tray of s'mores.

Normally, I wouldn't have allowed them to eat such an unhealthy breakfast, but it was a special occasion.

"What's wrong with you, old man?" I asked Arm as he walked out of his tent with his hands on his lower back.

"My bed was a bit lumpy. Who had the idea to come here without the air mattresses?" He asked.

Singto looked guilty.

"That must have been me. In my defense, I didn't do it on purpose. I forgot them at home. My son doesn't believe in sleeping at night, so I've been a little out of my mind."

"I have no sympathy for you. You were the same way when you were a baby. It's time for you to pay up," Arm said.

I remembered having to get up with Teo and Alice when they were this little.

Mo always refused, saying that she did her part in the labor room. I didn't care anyway. I loved every minute that I spent with my little ones.

Regardless, I was pretty sure I turned Tim's diaper backwards once or twice.
Chimon brought me a s'more and sat next to me.

"I think I'm a daddy's boy," he admitted.

"Thank you," I said, accepting what he brought. "Now why do you think that?"
He shrugged. "I miss him."

I smiled at him. "There's nothing wrong with being a daddy's boy, I kind of miss him too."

"I'm having a lot of fun anyway," he told me quickly.

I guess he didn't want him to think differently just because he missed Gun.
"Thanks for letting me come."

"It wouldn't have been the same without you," I told him.

There were things we needed to do at home, so once everyone finished their s'mores, we broke camp and headed to my parents' house.

Jane and Krist were the only ones in the kitchen.

Krist was holding Fiat in his arms and Singto immediately wrapped his arms around him,

"Hello, my family."

"I'm going to wake up my boy," Tay announced before leaving the room.

My mother put her hand on my arm. "Go upstairs and change. I'll give the boys a real breakfast," Jane said as she walked towards the stairs, I even heard her grumbling. "S'mores, seriously."

I giggled and headed for my old room.
I wondered if Gun was awake by now.
I thought about playing, but decided not to.

If he was still asleep, I wanted to wake him up on my own, not by a knock on the door.