CHAPTER 1

Sunyoung stared impatiently at the clock in her mint room, anxiously waiting for it to turn 8 AM, which was the re-approved time she was allowed to wake up her mother. She looked around her room at the pictures on her wall of different famous singers, actresses, and dancers she idolized. She glanced over at the picture family portrait taken just two years ago of her and her mothers, Moonbyul and Solar, at the ski resort. Moonbyul was sitting on a gigantic chair, Solar on her lap, and Sunyoung on Solar's lap. Sunyoung was holding a mini figurine ski above her head, almost like she was presenting it to the world, while Moonbyul and Solar stared at her with huge smiles on their faces.

"That day was super fun," Sunyoung remembered with a smile before turning on her iPad stereo and listening to her favorite song, Dingga. She sang along as loud as possible while lying back on her black satin pillowcase. She danced as best as she could lying down, swaying her arms, and kicking her feet, when her alarm went off. She sat up quickly and turned the iPad off before hopping out of bed and running to her floor-length mirror.

"I'm pretty, smart, talented, and the world is mine." She stared confidently in the mirror. "Nothing and no one can stop the goals I have for myself as long as I stay focused and keep my eyes on the prize." She rattled off. She then ran her fingers through her long hair and winked at herself before running out of the room and down the hall to the master bedroom.

She slowly opened the door and peeped inside with a big smile. She climbed into the huge bed and snuggled close to Solar, who was fast asleep on her back. Solar felt her daughter's warm body next to hers, so she rolled over on her and began tickling her.

"Eomma!" Sunyoung cried out while laughing. "Eomma, wait!"

Solar laughed and rolled back on her side. "Good morning, my love."

"Good morning." Sunyoung mimicked.

Solar leaned forward and kissed her softly on the forehead as Sunyoung got under the covers and cuddled close to her mother. "How did you sleep, princess?"

"Good." Sunyoung shrugged. "How did you sleep?"

Solar laughed. "I slept great until I heard this loud screeching coming from your room, I thought something was attacking you, and I got worried." She stated.

Sunyoung's eyes grew wide. "W-what was it?"

"It sounded like a sick cat singing Dingga," Solar teased with a smirk.

Sunyoung shocked looked quickly turned into a glare as she poked her mother in the forehead. "Not funny."

"You are getting so good, baby," Solar told her. "Your singing lessons are really paying off, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks." Sunyoung ducked her head shyly as her cheeks tinged with red. Sunyoung was a spitting image of Solar aside from her dark chocolate eyes. Solar carried her and Moonbyul's older brother, Taemin, was the sperm donor, thus Sunyoung inheriting the piercing dark chocolate Yi family eye color.

"You're welcome." Solar stretched and glanced at the clock behind her. "So, today is our last day together, what are we doing? You're in charge."

Sunyoung tapped her chin, deep in thought, causing Solar to laugh. Such a Moonbyul trait. She thought to herself.

"Let's start with coffee and take it from there," Sunyoung stated.

Solar raised her eyebrow as she sat up in bed and stretched. "You are seven years old, you aren't getting coffee, you can have hot chocolate."

"Can I pretend it's coffee?" Sunyoung asked.

"You can pretend it's whatever you want." She chuckled while getting out of bed. "Go brush your teeth and wash your face, make your bed, then come on downstairs and we can start breakfast."