CHAPTER 5

Three weeks later

Solar parked her car and walked up to the door of Moonbyul's house, she took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. A few moments later the door swung open and Sunyoung jumped in her arms quickly. "Hey, Sun," Solar smiled while hugging her daughter tightly. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, I packed and tripled checked my bag this time." Sunyoung nodded while resting her head on Solar's shoulder. "So, we don't have to turn around halfway to your house."

"Thank you." Solar laughed while kissing her on the cheek and watching Sunyoung scratch her leg.

"Sunyoung, what did I say about opening the door?" Moonbyul stated as she came running down the stairs and saw the door open. "Oh, hey Solar."

"Hey." Solar smiled slightly. "We better get going."

"Do you want to come in for a few minutes or?" Moonbyul asked hoping the older girl would take her up on the offer.

Solar had been distant with her since she broke up with Sooin, a few weeks ago, outside of their coworkers, no one knew that the two parted ways. Solar kept their conversation to strictly talking about Sunyoung, drop-offs, and pick-ups, nothing more, nothing less.

"No, we need to get going." Solar shook her head. "Go get your coat, baby." She added while setting her down and watching her run upstairs, she picked up Sunyoung's suitcase and began walking to her car, Moonbyul close on her heels.

"Umm, are you okay?" Moonbyul asked quietly while looking over her shoulder to make sure Sunyoung was around. "You've been a little weird since the night of Sunyoung's little meltdown about you having a girlfriend."

Solar set the suitcase in the trunk and closed it softly. "I'm fine, just been busy with work." She shrugged.

"You look exhausted," Moonbyul said softly while brushing a piece of hair out of Solar's face and tucking it behind her ear. Solar shook her head and took a step back.

"I'm okay." She replied as Sunyoung came running out with her coat unzipped and her hat in her hand.

Moonbyul stared at Solar but decided to drop it and focused her attention on her daughter. "Sunyoung, it's cold out, zip-up honey. Put your mittens on." She stated while bending down and zipping up her coat for her as Solar put her beanie on her head. "It's snowing, so you have to zip up."

"You don't have a coat on." Sunyoung pointed out while raising an eyebrow at her mother. "And I need convertible mittens they are much cooler than these and everyone in the class has them."

"Yeah, go back inside, Byul," Solar told her. "You don't want to get sick. Sun, can you be uncool for just a few more minutes and put them on, we can get some new convertible mittens this weekend." She smiled while opening her back door so Sunyoung could hop it. Solar watched her buckle her seat belt before closing the door.

"Something is bothering you," Moonbyul stated. "I know you, don't keep it bottled in." She added before knocking on the window and waving at Sunyoung, blowing her a kiss. Sunyoung rolled down the window and smiled.

"Bye Mom."

"Bye, baby." Moonbyul winked before kissing her on the forehead. "I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too." Sunyoung nodded. "You'll call to say good night?"

"Promise." Moonbyul nodded while holding up her pinky.

Sunyoung linked pinkies with her and smiled brightly, showing off her dimples and missing teeth. "Have a super safe night."

"I will, you have a super safe night and week with your Eomma. Love you."