CHAPTER 2

Sunyoung stared at the cereal boxes, tapping her chin while making her seemingly life-changing decision, while Moonbyul patiently waited behind her. She extended her little hand to a box but shook her head and snatched it back quickly.

"Sun, what about Fruit Loops cereal?" Moonbyul suggested. "You like those."

"Yeah, but I get those at Eomma's house," Sunyoung told her. "We eat them together."

"Oh, that's right." Moonbyul nodded as her mind drifted to memories of her waking up to Solar and Sunyoung sitting in bed, sharing a bowl of Fruit Loops while watching cartoons on mute, so they didn't wake her up. Sunyoung always sat cuddled in Solar's lap and held the bowl with her mother's help, while they whispered and laughed quietly. Moonbyul was always awake anyways and would stare at her two favorite people in the world while they alternated feeding each other the cereal. Sunyoung would almost always miss Solar's mouth, leaving the older girl with a trail of milk down her pajama top.

"Mom!" Sunyoung said a little louder.

Moonbyul shook the memory out of her head and kneeled down so she was level with her daughter. "What about Crunch Berries, that's what I would get as a kid, or even Cinnamon Toast Crunch," Moonbyul suggested while grabbing a box of cereal.

Sunyoung stared at the white box. "Does it taste like cinnamon?" She asked Moonbyul while staring at her.

"Cinnamon and sugar," Moonbyul told her. "It makes the milk really sweet afterward too." Sunyoung leaned back into Moonbyul's arms and examined the box while Moonbyul once again patiently waited for her to make a decision and hugged her loosely, resting her chin on her daughter's shoulder.

"Can we get both so I know which one I like the best?" Sunyoung asked her.

"Sure." Moonbyul nodded and stood up to look for the box of Crunch Berries to toss in the cart. "Hop back on." She motioned to her. Sunyoung, who was in pink tights, a blue jean skirt, and a white, pink, and yellow striped Rugby Ralph Lauren shirt nodded and hopped on the back of the cart. "Are those the new shoes your mom bought you?" Moonbyul asked while noticing how her daughter's white high-top Converse glittered.

"Yeah." Sunyoung smiled excitedly while carefully lifting her foot and staring at her shoes. "She got a matching pair too, and she bought you a matching pair, so you and I can match too."

"She got me a pair?" Moonbyul asked with a slight frown but quickly masked it since Sunyoung was staring at her.

"Yeah, I told her you needed a pair so we all have the same shoes. I think she said a naughty word because her face scrunched up but she asked the lady at the store for your size anyways." Sunyoung shrugged. "You don't like them?"

"I do, honey, they are totally cool," Moonbyul told her with a smile. "I just didn't expect your Eomma to buy me a pair of shoes, but thank you for thinking of me."

"We can go but just grab your bag, she's working so we can't stay long, and you have to start your project tonight," Moonbyul told her.

"Oh yeah, I'm supposed to tell you congratulations," Sunyoung said quickly. "Congratulations on your new job Mom!" She said with a big smile.

Moonbyul smiled at her. "Thank you, Youngie~" Moonbyul stopped the cart and went to pick up her daughter to hug her tightly.

"Who told you to tell me congrats?" She asked her when she set her back down.

"Eomma told me this morning," Sunyoung replied while smoothing out her ponytail and running her fingers over the braid Solar put in the front of her hair.