18

jaehyun woke up in his room. he groaned in attempt to stand up, his body felt oddly heavy and he could feel a sharp pain on his head.

he walked out his room expecting to see his son or yiren, but it was empty, no one in the kitchen or the living room. he also checked yoon-oh's bedroom. it was dead silent.

the boy picked his phone up from the counter, quick to text yiren, the time was already 10:30 in the evening. he started to panic a bit, which didn't help for his headache.

just as he was about to type, the front door swung open. "oh, you're awake" yiren smiled faintly, she held a piece of plastic bag on her left hand and yoon-oh clinged on the other.

it was pretty obvious that jaehyun wasn't pleased with them going out with no permission. he was about to scold the girl despite his really bad headache.

"daddy!" the three year old ran to him, hugging his father's leg tightly. it's as if all the pain in jaehyun's body disappeared when he saw how happy the child looked.

"is daddy alright?" he was about to pick the baby up, then remembered he was sick, he didn't want to pass the virus or something, so he patted the baby's head instead and nodded.

"why aren't you asleep yet?" he crouched down a bit to match yoon-oh's height, but not too close. even though he was facing the child, his eyes were on the girl locking the door. the thought of scolding her for letting his son stay up late and even bringing him outside all disappeared.

all he could do was admire how delicate and beautiful the girl looked. he stared for a while until their eyes both locked and he looked away awkwardly.

only you have this effect on me.

"c-can daddy give yuno
goodnight k-kiss?" his thoughts were cut off when yoon-oh's small voice spoke again, the little boy asked shyly, he avoided eye contact with jaehyun, and it broke his heart, his own son hesitated to ask him for a kiss. back then, the baby would always ask for kisses when jaehyun was busy, so he'd always end up telling the little boy off or ignore him.

he would gladly give him one right now. but sadly he's gonna have to reject the baby again.

"i'm a little sick right now" yoon-oh's face dropped immediately as he said those words.

"daddy will give yoon as many kisses as he wants when daddy gets better" the child's eyes lit up,

"then c-can daddy give yuno 10 kisses?" he raised up his 10 little fingers.

"daddy will give yoon thousands of kisses" the baby's eyes now sparkled. "thousands?" it was such a big amount for a child who can barely count to ten.

yiren just watched the two of them in awe. she had to be honest to herself, she was starting to catch feelings for jaehyun. and this side of him that she was seeing right now, a side that no one else had ever seen. the girl couldn't help but feel speciall, he had all sorts of charms both good and bad, but when you like someone, you only really see the good in them and choose to ignore the bad.

"you wanna stay over again tonight? or want me to take you home" jaehyun asked as yiren walked out yoon-oh's room. he sat on the sofa in the living room.

"you seem to be forgetting that your sick" she crossed her arms and grabbed something from the plastic she bought earlier.

"i'm fine"

the girl stood in front of him, holding a pill and a water bottle. "you're not"

jaehyun shook his head, refusing to drink the medicine. "you're even more stubborn than yoon" yiren rolled her eyes.

she held her hand up to the boy's forehead to feel his temperature, thankfully it wasn't as hot as it was earlier. but still a bit hot.

"fine i'll drink it" he pouted, it was cute, but seeing him acting like that makes it look like he's drunk.

"if you give me a kiss" he suddenly wrapped his hands around the girl's waist, pulling her closer.

yiren gasped in surprise, but soon relaxed at the touch. jaehyun burried his face onto the girl's stomach, causing her to smile as she caressed his soft brown locks.

"thank you, yiren

____________

sort of like a filler chapter, thanks for the 1k reads btw<3

loml