My thoughts on 8.5

Yikes, it's been a while since I last wrote anything here. (Quarantine will do that to ya 😉) Anywho, since then Unlocked has come out! Who else went to the closest bookstore and bought it the day of?

Honestly, 8.5 was a bit of a downer for me. So, before I get into any of the details, I am going to publish a warning. 

TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE READING THIS, THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SERIOUS SPOILERS FROM UNLOCKED! SO, IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK (yes, the WHOLE thing), READ ON AT YOUR OWN RISK. 

Ok, now that that is out of the way, let's continue. Unlocked was kind of a downer for me cause I was expecting more story, less guide. I was SO waiting for some Sokeefe drama to happen, and what did happen was DEVASTATING. Who can agree with me on that?

Like, first of all, Keefe's character is DESTROYED. Like, he's no longer this fun-loving goofball that the fandom has had a crush on for years. No, now he is this mature, overthinker, that NEVER cracks any jokes! I get that he's afraid to speak, but still, we need dome Keefeness in our lives. 

Another Keefe related problem, WE STILL HAVEN'T FIGURED OUT THE GREAT GULON INCIDENT. Like, we have Council records and Foxfire records AT OUR DISPOSAL. But no, once again, for the 9th time, we have yet to know what the Great Gulon Incident was.  I personally have been wondering what happened since book 1 (as I hope the rest of you as well) and it's honestly a bit frustrating. 😂 Ok, enough of my curiosity of Keefe's younger days, and on to his present state.

Honestly, Keefe's powers are kinda scary and I honestly have no idea what I would do if I were in his shoes. Like, having the ability to control people? Like, with one word? That's scary. (And it makes me hate Gisela much MUCH more) The other power, his ability to detect other's abilities is really cool. (Except for poor Rex.) 

I have no idea how Rex is going to deal with the fact that he is talentless. Maybe he'll get over it and focus on his normal elf abilities, and be able to compete with Lex and Bex. Another thing I hope will happen is this unsaid prejudice against the talentless will be spoken against and maybe acted upon. 

(Side note, I don't know how many of you like to analyze books and such, but if you haven't seen it yet, I see MANY parallels in this series to current social issues. I'm not going to go into specifics, because I honestly don't want to get political, but it really is curious to think that Shannon might have put these parallels in the series to point something out in American society, or it could just be that these problems are simply a part of culture.)

Ok, I may just rant for a second about how Sophie is just a little savage! Like, she BURNED that storehouse. She be like GET RID OF IT ALLLLLLLLL. Well, she also started war with the Neverseen (as if they weren't already at war), so there are pros and cons to her actions (as explained in the book).

Last thing about this book, my ships have CHANGED. I put a list down below for your convinience.

Sophie x Keefe

Dex x TBD

Biana x Tam

Linh x Wylie (this shall NEVER change)

Fitz x the chandelier (they can be sparkly together!)

For real: Fitz x nobody (I think he's going to end up being a councillor)

Stina x nobody

Marella x nobody (although it could possibly be Dex???)

Maruca x nobody

oh, and then my FAVORITE one

Councillor Alina x alicorn poop

Hope you enjoyed my sparse rants on 8.5!