-19-

[Thursday - 23.08]

"-and then we moved here. My dad's been doing a lot better ever since, I think he's actually starting to move on from my mom - which is crazy to think about, really. Believe me when I say he was neck-deep into the love-puddle." Minho rambled, wrapping up his whole life-story.

Ji listened intently, munching happily on a twizzler while sitting in their pile of warm and cozy blankets.

"You mean like you think he might be dating?" Ji asked.

Minho shook his head.

"No, definitely not dating yet. But he's moving on, yaknow. He's not crying himself to sleep every night and taking sick days because he's too heartbroken to come into work." Minho explained.

Ji nodded and hummed in understanding.

"So I guess that's my life story." Minho chuckled softly.

Ji smiled happily, giggling softly.

"How about you? Where'd you grow up?" Minho asked, picking up his drink to take a sip.

"I was born in Korea, but moved to Malaysia pretty much right after my birth. I didn't have any siblings, so it was just pretty much me all alone a lot of the time until I started school. I gained a couple friends, we were definitely those cringe wannabe hype-house people if you get me, god I even used to wear an orange and blue hip-hop cap to school because I thought it was cool." Minho chuckled, Ji only regretting life choices.

"Since I lived in Malaysia I speak English fluently, and of course Korean because that's what we used to speak at home. I never really bothered learning Malay."

"Where's your family now? You keep talking about them in past tense." Minho piped in.

Ji hesitated for a second, swallowing a lump in their throat.

"Still in Malaysia. I moved to Korea after they... Disowned me I guess?" Ji softly muttered.

Minho stopped what he was doing, looking up at Ji whom was looking away awkwardly.

"Disowned? For what?"

"Being non binary. They're very traditional." Ji grinned awkwardly, forcing a chuckle.

"Who do you live with then? You don't have your own place, do you?" Minho continued to question.

"I-I mean I lived with my aunt and uncle in Korea for a couple months after I came back, but they turned out to be just as traditional so I changed my identity and moved out. I live in this small place my boss rents out. It's not the nicest but it works." Ji shrugged.

"Changed you identity? Really? Wow. So no one knows where you are, you just kinda... Disappeared?" Minho questioned.

"Pretty much." Ji let out a breathy chuckle, thinking about how ridiculous it must sound.

"Do you have a dead name then? Since you changed your identity?"

Ji nodded, fiddling with their fingers.

"Do you wanna tell me? No need if you don't wanna, I'm not gonna make you. I'm just kinda curious." Minho softly said, taking one of Ji's hands.

"Uh, no it's fine. It was Jisung." Ji muttered silently.

"That's pretty. Ji's short for Jisung then?" Minho asked.

"Yeah. I always preferred people calling me Ji though. It's more gender neutral." Ji softly said.

"Makes sense. Ji's really pretty too. It's unique." Minho whispered close to Ji's ear, softly pecking their cheek just because why not.

"Thank you for telling me." Minho said with a smile, wrapping his arms around Ji.

"Uh, you're welcome?" Ji chuckled, slightly confused.

"I mean it. These things are very personal and hard, I mean dead names especially, but you still told me. Thank you for trusting me." Minho genuinely told.

Ji groaned and leaned into Minho's chest.

"Stop being so perfect!" The younger groaned excessively.

Minho giggled, wrapping his arms around the younger.

"You wanna stay longer?" Minho asked, looking at the clock.

"It's getting late."

"Yeah we probably should head home. We got school tomorrow." Ji nodded their head.

"I'll take you home. If you don't mind." Minho offered.

Ji smiled and nodded.

"Aaaaaafter a short makeout?" Minho smirked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

Ji giggled, unwrapping all the blankets from their figure. The younger climbed into Minho's lap, running both hands through the boy's styled hair.

Minho sighed in content, hand gliding from Ji's thigh to their butt. Ji giggled and pecked Minho's lips, watching Minho chase their lips with a whine.

The two connected their lips, softly gliding their tongues and lips together slowly and passionately. The elder moved his kisses along Ji's cheek, over to their ear.

"Remember after the party, at my place?" Minho whispered with a smirk.

Ji whined, head falling onto Minho's shoulder.

"Shut up!"

"I can't wait to do that again." Minho rasped, licking all over Ji's earlobe.

"I said shut up." Ji whined, hugging Minho's neck.

The elder chuckled, hugging Ji back. He loved teasing the younger so much.

"Let's get going." Minho whispered, slowly unwrapping Ji's arms from around his neck.

Ji pouted but nodded, getting up. The two connected their hands, walking together towards the place Ji called their home. The walk wasn't far, just barely 10 minutes.

Once a few meters away, just across the street Ji stopped Minho, not wanting him to go any closer and realize what kind of business they lived right above

"This is my place." Ji softly said.

Minho nodded, grabbing both Ji's hands softly.

"Goodnight then. And thank you." Minho smiled softly.

"No thank you, Min. This was an amazing first date. I really loved it." Ji smiled shyly, blushing.

"Would-... Would it be inappropriate to ask you to become my... I guess non-binary-friend? Partner? Lover?... I swear I was gonna wait until like the third date or something to ask but... I guess I'm just desperate." Minho anxiously asked, stumbling over his words.

Ji smiled widely, giggling.

"I don't think it's inappropriate, no. I would really love to become your partner." Ji whispered, getting shy.

Minho gasped softly, biting his lip.

"Are you for real? I mean like... You wanna date me? I get to be your boyfriend?" Minho exclaimed.

Ji nodded happily.

Minho embraced the younger with a squeal, picking them up and spinning them around in the air. Ji laughed along, arm wrapping securely around Minho's neck.

"You should probably get home, Min. We have school tomorrow." Ji chuckled.

Minho nodded.

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then, Jiji." Minho happily giggled.

Ji nodded.

"Text me when you get home, please?" The younger asked.

Minho nodded happily, pecking Ji's cheek before walking off with a wave, hurrying back to the factory to clean up before going back home, getting into bed right after midnight.