-27-

[Friday - 17.58]

Ji straightened out their sweater, knocking nervously on the door. You read that right, sweater. The latter had put on an actual sweater for the first time in years because of the occasion. They had found the article of clothing in the back of their closet, collecting dust and spider webs.

The door opened to a cheerful Minho smiling widely at his partner.

"Hey Jiji. Come in!" Minho insisted, stepping aside.

Ji entered with a soft smile, shrugging their shoes off.

"Dad's in the kitchen, cooking. He's super excited to meet you, come on. I'll introduce you!" Minho happily chippered, pecking Ji's cheek before tugging them along into the main room.

Ji looked around, feeling like they were experiencing a deja vu. To the right was the couch they faintly remembered making out with Minho on, the night of Jackson's party. They also faintly remembered sitting on their knees between Minho's legs, looking up at Minho's gorgeous face as they blew Minho off, even after Chan had told them no sexual activities. The latter blushed softly, following Minho further into the kitchen where they could hear soft humming and the faucet running.

"Dad!" Minho called out, pulling Ji to stand beside him.

Mr. Lee turned around with a smile, eyes widening slightly as he laid eyes on his son's partner.

"This is Ji! My partner!" Minho proudly introduced.

Mr. Lee forced a smile, turning off the faucet and putting down the dish towel.

"Minho. Could I have a word with you in my study?" Mr. Lee asked, smiling politely at Ji.

"Uuuh... Sure. Just make yourself at home in the living room, we'll be right back." Minho told his partner, kissing their cheek before following his father into his study.

Mr. Lee closed the door after Minho, hurrying over to his desk and pulling out a file.

"Dad, what's going on?" Minho asked, puzzled.

"Remember when we first moved here a few weeks back, I told you about my new assigned case. Since I had gotten no new progress the case was deemed cold, and I was given a new one, but Minho, you just handed me the victims himself. Look!" Mr. Lee rambled, pushing an open file into Minho's hands.

Minho looked at his father in confusion for a second before looking down at the file.

---

Name: Han Jisung
D.O.B: 14.09.2000
Race: Asian
Sex: Male
Last known address: 12 Barton Ave.
City: Seoul

---

Minho's eyebrows furrowed. He looked past the useless information, instead taking a look at the attached picture. His eyes slowly widened.

That's Ji

"Wha-"

"That's them right? Did they ever tell you their real identity. Like real name or anything?" Mr. Lee questioned.

Minho looked up at his father.

"Dad no! You can't arrest Ji!" Minho exclaimed, knowing what his father was gonna do about the situation.

"I'm sorry son, but I have to. It's my job." Mr. Lee smiled apologetically at his son.

He quickly grabbed his work keys and a pair of handcuffs from his desk, leaving the room. Minho followed put, trying to stop the man.

"Dad! Dad listen to me!" Minho kept yelling, following his father whom was already in the living room, heading for Ji.

"Hey, I'm sorry about that. Ji was it? It's nice to finally meet you." Mr. Lee politely said, offering Ji a handshake.

"It's nice to meet you too, sir." Ji smiled politely, standing up to bow and greet the man back.

"No, Ji get away!"

Mr. Lee grabbed Ji's hand as the youngest was accepting his handshake, smacking the handcuffs onto their arm, and then twisting it harshly to make Ji turn around.

Ji screamed in pain, spinning on their heels not to break their arm. Mr. Lee grabbed Ji's other hand, securing the handcuffs on them before they could register what was happening.

"DAD! DAD NO PLEASE!"

"Han Jisung you are under arrest for suspicion on participating in illegal gang activities. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you." Mr. Lee informed, holding Ji's shoulder firmly in his grip.

"What's going on?" Ji questioned, a look of panic on their face as they tried getting out of Mr. Lee's grip.

"DAD LET THEM GO!" Minho yelled.

"I am taking him to the police station, Minho. You are free to come, or else you'll be on your own... I'm sorry." Mr. Lee informed, pushing Ji to start walking towards the entrance.

Minho rushed into his dad's study while cursing. He grabbed the file from the floor, looking over it, hoping to find evidence, any evidence at all to prove that it wasn't actually his Ji.

Minho cursed. It was Ji, unmistakably. The same face, the same dead name, the same birthed gender, the same race, the same birthday, the same everything!

Minho angrily grabbed the file, stepping into a pair of shoes and tugging along a jacket on his way outside, exiting just in time to meet Ji's eyes as they were driven away in the back of Mr. Lee's police car.

Minho tugged on his hair in frustration, running back inside to grab the keys to his dad's private car. He threw himself into it, stepping down the gas pedal. Did he have a driver's license? Nope. Did that stop him? Absolutely not.

Of course Minho knew how to drive a car, he just didn't have his license yet.

Minho drove through the streets, towards his father's police department. He had only been there once, but surprisingly knew how to get there already.

Minho cursed as he got stopped at a red light. His eyes searched the road ahead, catching a small glimpse of his father's police car turning right a while ahead.

The latter waited impatiently for the light to shift, stepping hurriedly on the pedal once it did. He drove through the streets, pulling up to the police station, parking next to his dad's police car. The latter ran out of his car, right into the building and straight past the receptionist. He ran towards the only place he could imagine finding his father, his office.