-29-

[Friday - 12.16]

"All charges are dropped. Since you're still a minor, there's not much we can do except sending you back to your legal guardians, which is your aunt and uncle right? If you don't wish to go back to them you could potentially file for a spot in a foster care program, but it's a long process. We need to go through child services and state a legitimate and official reason for your application, which I'm not sure you can provide proof of since you've been living on your own for so long. Your medical debt has been officially filed and we've applied to get it covered by the government. I'm relatively sure it'll go through because of your lack of registered income and living space. If it for some reason does not get covered, we're sending the bill to your legal guardians, whom are responsible for your debt until you're 18.-"

Ji and Minho listened half-heartedly to what Minho's father was telling them. They both stared out into space, deep in thought while frowning. Minho held Ji firmly, caressing their body slowly as Ji held Minho's arms loosely in their own.

The atmosphere was heavy and sad. Mr. Lee of course felt guilty for bringing this upon the young lovers, let alone his son and his partner, but it had to be done for a better future.

"Ji."

Everything felt heavy and exhausting. Minho didn't know much of Ji's legal guardians, but he knew enough to never with Ji close to them again, let alone living under their roof again.

"Ji?"

Ji sighed deeply, head laying uncomfortably on Minho's chest. Their eyes flickered around as they thought of everything.

"Hey, Ji. Baby, are you ok?" Minho softly asked, arm snaking around Ji's figure.

Ji snapped out of their thoughts, mind falling back into reality.

"Sorry."

Ji shook their head lightly, continuing to grab stuff from their locker and stuffing it into their bag.

Minho didn't ask any more, simply wrapping Ji up in a back hug. They ignored the few people lingering in the hallways. Everything had been so gloom and eerie the last week, neither of the partners had smiled even once.

Faint laughter and chatter echoed through the relatively empty hallways, just as it always did at lunch.

"Oh my God, Ji? Minho? Where have you guys been?" Chan exclaimed, rushing up to the pair.

The two turned around, Ji softly closing their locker, head kept low.

"You've been gone for a week! What happened?" The eldest kept questioning.

"Chan, just... Not now." Minho sighed softly.

Chan nodded in understanding.

"Would you wanna come meet the rest of the guys then? We can call them up to the roof." Chan suggested.

Minho nodded, smiling softly at his friend. Ji's kept quiet, just clutching the bag in their hands tightly.

The 2 partners went up to the roof while Chan ran down to the cafeteria to get everyone else. 5 minutes after Minho and Ji had sat down, the door opened again with everyone else rushing through it.

They looked at the two partners with worry. They sat curled up in a corner, both staring at nothing in particular. Ji sat between Minho's legs with the elders arms wrapped around them.

"What's going on guys!" Felix piped up, going closer to the two.

Minho's grip on Ji tightened a bit. The latter looked tense, their shoulders high and their jaw clenched.

"... Ji's leaving." Minho simply answered.

Everyone gasped, questioning why on top of each other.

"My dad recognized them from a missing person's report he had been working. Ji's getting put into foster care because his legal guardians are shit-faced. The closest foster home with an available spot is 2 hours away." Minho slowly and tiredly said.

The others gasped, going over to comfort the two.

"Oh God, I'm so sorry guys!" Chan exclaimed, hugging them.

The rest quickly joined, hugging the two tightly. Even Hyunjin joined, feeling bad that the two were being split apart.

Minho's phone started ringing. Everyone piled off, letting Minho grab his phone.

"Yes dad?"

"'Kay." Minho hung up, not bothering to finish listening.

Minho stood up, pulling Ji up as well.

"We gotta go. Dad's waiting." Minho said, forcing a small smile before leaving with his partner held close.

The two walked through the school, ignoring anything and anyone in their way. They silently entered the back of Mr. Lee's police car together, keeping quiet.

"Did you get everything, Ji?" Mr. Lee politely questioned.

Ji nodded slowly.

"Did you meet your friends? And say goodbye? Since you're leaving tomo-"

"DAD JUST FUCKING DRIVE!"

---

[Friday - 19.01]

Minho stood by the abandoned factory, waiting for Ji to arrive. After dropping Ji off at his place, Minho had driven home with his dad. The latter avoided his dad at all costs, getting ready for a impromptu date-night with Ji.

It would be their final night together in a while, so the two decided to do their last one like they did their first one, getting shit-faced in the abandoned factory.

"Hey there handsome." Ji remarked, nearing their boyfriend.

Minho chuckled, standing up.

"Hey, beautiful. Brought the stuff?" Minho asked.

Ji pulled the joints and bottles of alcohol out of their jacket, laughing at Minho's reaction.

"Nice! Here's the money." Minho handed Ji a stack of money, paying them back for everything Ji got for them.

"What, Min no! It's my treat." Ji tried denying the money.

"Just take it, love. I stole it out of my dad's wallet." Minho chuckled evilly.

Ji chuckled back, accepting the money. Minho sighed sadly, grabbing Ji's waist. He leaned in to kiss his partner, but got cut off by a finger to his lips.

"Please, Min. Just act normal for tonight. Pretend I'm not leaving, I just want to have one last normal night with you." Ji chuckled, pulling Minho's hands from their waist down to their ass where Minho always kept them when the two were in private.

Minho giggled, spanking Ji lightly.

"Better?" Minho whispered.

"Much." Ji whispered in return, pulling Minho down into a sloppy make-out.

Minho was playing with Ji's ass like always while Ji ran their hands through Minho's hair, moaning into their boyfriend's mouth.