-23-

[Monday - 23.47]

"Thanks."

Ji reached out for a fist bump before watching the customer rush away. They quickly grabbed the wallet they kept on them specifically for their drug sales, stuffing the money into it. 

Ji looked around themselves, brushing their newly bleached hair out of their eyes, trying to act casually. Their hand reached inside their sleeve, just feeling the scars decorating their arm. They still hadn't told Minho about what happened. In the beginning they were planning on it, but now it had been so long it just felt weird bringing it up suddenly.

Yeah, you know that one day like a million weeks ago when someone had been hurt in the studios, and there was blood everywhere and they were taken to the hospital in a rush by an ambulance? Yeah, that was me. I also got a head injury and a slur carved into my arm that i didn't treat properly because i can't afford the help. 

"A pack of the blue pills." 

Ji quickly pulled it out of their pocket, handing it over after the person had handed over the money. The seller and the customer shared a quick fist bump before parting, just like always. Ji was working a new corner this specific night. One of the other runners had just quit to turn a new leaf, so Boss offered Ji the part, which ment more work and more money, meaning they could finish off their hospital bill sooner, and hopefully make it to next month's rent.

"Well hey there pretty thing. What's a small little boy like you doing out here so late all by himself?"

Ji ignored the voice, just looking around casually though they felt tense and uncomfortable.

"Hey, come on. Don't ignore me, i was just being nice."

"Come on, look at me baby boy. What do you say i take you out for a bite, huh? Let me spoil you, sexy."

"No thank you, sir." Ji simply stated, taking a step back.

"You know you want to. Come on doll. Let daddy take care of you."

"I'm not interested, sir. Could you please leave me alone?" Ji drew a deep breath, scrunching their nose at the smell of cigarettes hanging over the stranger.

"Why not, beautiful?" The man asked, trying to touch Ji's hair.

"Hey, he told you to leave him the fuck alone, scumbag!"

The man's hand was thrown away, a new shadow taking Ji's side. Ji looked up, seeing a familiar side profile towering over them as if protecting them.

"Tsk, what are you, his boyfriend. Scram, kid."

"Yea, in fact i am."

"I don't buy it." The man scoffed.

"Too bad. Now leave."

"I'm not leaving, you leave." The man insisted.

"I'm not leaving and letting you keep continue making my boyfriend uncomfortable."

"Luckily he's not your boyfriend." The man insisted.

"I just told you he is, what are you, fucking Nemo?"

"Prove it then." The man crossed his arms over his chest.

"I don't have to prove anything to you." 

"Then he's not your boyfriend." The man smirked, thinking he had won.

"He is my boyfriend, you fucking twig."

"Doesn't look like it." The man challenged, eyeing Ji and the person protecting them up and down.

"Oh yeah? Watch me, dickhead."

Hyunjin grabbed Ji's arms, wrapping them both around his own neck. Without hesitation he kissed Ji's lips, pulling them closer by the waist. Ji squealed in surprise, eyes widening for a moment until they caught on and closed their eyes, kissing Hyunjin back. Hyunjin leaned them up against the closest brick wall, towering over Ji and dominating the kiss. Ji whined softly at the rough bricks against their wounded head. 

Hyunjin felt something stir up in his guts as he heard Ji 'moan' softly into their kiss - something he hadn't felt in a long time. The elder gripped Ji's waist harder, moving his lips determinately together with Ji's.

A faint scoff and footsteps filled the silence. Hyunjin waited a while more, continuing to savoir the taste of Ji's soft lips until he finally pulled away. Both quickly looked around for the creepy man, not even bothering to pull their arms away from each other. Ji sighed, finally relaxing as the scared feeling slowly left their body.

They looked up, meeting Hyunjin's eyes. Ji gasped softly, unwrapping their arms from Hyunjin's neck and quickly apologizing.

"Don't worry about it." Hyunjin muttered.

Ji gulped, looking around once more to ensure the man was really gone.

"I-.... Thank you." Ji whispered, rubbing their neck awkwardly. 

"Don't tell anyone!" Hyunjin strictly told Ji, wiping his lips while Ji watched, before turning around and leaving.

---

[Tuesday - 01.08]

Ji reached their home, entering the building. Loud laughter filled the venue. Everyone were off duty and just enjoying themselves it seemed.

"Ji! My boy, come on over!" One of Ji's 'coworkers' yelled drunkenly.

Ji tensed. They didn't dare disobey. Most people they worked with were ruthless and violent.

Ji walked over, slipping into the free seat next to the guy who called them. 

"So, i heard a little rumor." The guy started

Ji nodded softly.

"You're messing around with the son of a police officer, aren't you?" The guy accused.

Ji gulped, eyes flickering around the circle of drunk, buff, older men.

"N-No. I'm not." Ji whispered.

"Oh but i know you are, sweetie. I even talked to your boyfriend. He's a cute one. Got some tough balls."

"You have, when?!" Ji exclaimed.

"That one time we switched corners. He came and threatened to arrest me if i didn't tell him where you were." The guy chuckled. 

"The tall one with thick lips, right? Medium long, blonde hair?" Another man piped in, holding his beer in his hand while gesturing around, spilling everywhere.

"No, he's got short, dark hair. Actually quite attractive, he'd make a good fucktoy." The first man said, shoving Ji playfully.

Ji felt uncomfortable hearing someone talk about their boyfriend that way. They hated people who sexualized anyone and judged them based on looks alone.

The men at the table all howled and cheered, making sexual gestures towards Ji's tiny frame in the corner.

"No no no. I clearly remember seeing Ji with the tongue of a blonde dude down their throat earlier today." The man with the beer interrupted.

"You're doing them two at once, Ji? Come on, up top."

Ji carefully accepted the high five, forcing a soft smile.

"Tell us about them! Who's best in bed?"

"Nah, Ji wouldn't know. Look at them, Ji's definitely a pillow princess." One of the men exclaimed, hitting Ji's shoulder.

The men got all riled up again, howling and cheering while laughing loudly and drunkenly.

"I-I have to go. I have school early tomorrow." Ji softly cut in.

"Yeah, alright. Sleep tight, sexy thing." One of the guys winked, slapping Ji's ass as Ji walked away, rushing up to their room.