Chapter Two - You are not alone

Kris looks at the trio and cried more. He didn't know how to put his life long pain into words. He's had enough of everything. What is the point of existing? To suffer and die in agony?
He didn't even want to look at them, it brought so much guilt, making them feel bad for him.

But Kris did it. He turned around, stood up and looked at the concerned group. Susie asked " K-kris?". Kris looked down and said " I-I -I just...I am being possessed by this demon child named Chara and she won't stop hurting me. I tried to kill himself to make her go. But- I-" Kris couldn't take it anymore and broke down on the floor.

Ralsei gasped and knelt down to hug Kris " It's going to be ok Kris. In fact..I think I have a spell for that". Kris looked shocked " You do?!? Please help!". Kris was begging and the others immediately calmed him down. Ralsei explained " Just stand up and relax". Kris obeyed and let his muscles de-tense. Lancer ran off because he was called for king duties.

Ralsei closed his eyes and chanted " Get rid of the evil in his soul, heal the wounds and the hole, with all our strength and courage, I now finish this spell's passage". A bright light shone from Ralsei's hands and to Kris. His soul exited his chest. It was red and had wounds. The golden light filled the soul and it returned to it's red colour.

Kris opened his eyes and smiled. He felt better already. Chara's soul vanished and the others hugged the boy. Kris finally said " Thanks you guys". Susie said " Um, hate to break it but we gotta go home, bye Ralsei". Ralsei waved to the duo and Kris and Susie headed out to the fountain.

They arrived at the unused classroom. Susie found Kris drowning in checker pieces. She helped him out and they walked home together. Once Susie left, Kris opened the door to hear the expected.

" Kris it's nearly 7 ! Where have you been?". Kris sighed and said " I was hanging out with my friends Mum. I lost track of time". Toriel smiled " I'm so happy you are making friends. I'm so proud my child". Kris smiled and replied " Thanks Mum".

Toriel gave Kris some pie and he ate it without hesitation. Toriel noticed this newly found behavior and just grinned at her child. Finished, Kris went to his bedroom, pulled out his phone and layed on his bed. 1 new notification from Susie.

Susie : Hey Kris wanna sneak into school tomorrow, since it'll be Saturday, and visit Ralsei and Lancer and maybe others?

Kris : Sure

Susie : Are you alright? Because you usually have more to say than 'sure'.

Kris : I just miss him Susie, haven't seen him for 7 years!

Susie : Oh. Your brother. Damn. I'm sorry Kris. Maybe he'll visit soon?

Kris : His going to visit next week, but I'm nervous

Susie : Don't be! Just chill 👌

Kris put his phone away and stared up at the ceiling. He looked to Azzy's side of the room. Trophies and photos and awards. Kris looked at his side of the room. Empty except for the birdcage that once held his soul.

He sighed and fell asleep. During the night Kris woke up and he started crying. He couldn't stop thinking about Asriel. His big brother who always looked out for him. Asriel always made him feel better.

Kris got up and fetched some water. He took a deep breath and went back to his room. Kris looked around in the darkness and he sighed. He began to sing (CREDITS TO STEVEN UNIVERSE)  a song.

Familiar, why is this so familiar?
Familiar, like something I used to know
Familiar, staring up at the ceiling
Familiar, I swear that I know this feeling
Where everybody wants me to be my brother
And everything I should do, I don't bother
I sway them with a joke, or with a song
And maybe that'll help us get along
Familiar, why is this so familiar?
Familiar, like something I used to do
Familiar, Azzy was always the perfect one
But Insisting that, "Hey, Kris is amazing too"
I bet he made them happy all the time
He loves us but his leaving us behind
With more important places he should be
Than hanging out with someone just like me
Familiar, that's why it's so familiar
Familiar, like someone I used to be
Familiar, but this time I've had some practice
At helping a struggling family
Oh, I'll get them all together in one place
And once we're all together face to face
I'll show them all the error of their ways
And stop their spread of killing across this place.

Kris lets the tears fall as he hops back in bed. He thinks about Asriel returning soon. He can't wait to see him again. Kris falls asleep and time flies by. Now it's morning. Kris gets up and does his usual routine before waiting at the school's entrance for Susie.

" C'mon Kris, let's do this" a gruff voice said. Kris nodded and followed her. They climbed up a window and fell inside. They quickly stood in front of the closet and walked in it. The papers made their rustling noise before vanishing.

Kris and Susie were falling. Falling into the never ending dark abyss. Soon enough, they woke up and saw Ralsei. They were at his castle. Kris couldn't stop staring at him. So fluffy and soft.

Susie sneered at Kris's staring " Whatcha looking at?". Kris turned away from her and sighed. He loved Ralsei so much. He couldn't put it in words. After a long time of watching the fluffy boy garden and sing, he seemed to notice the duo.

Ralsei smiled " I'll be there in a bit". Kris couldn't help but smile. Too much cuteness for him. Ralsei appeared and he said

" Kris! Susie! Welcome back to the Dark World!".