Chapter Four - Asriel's Coming!

Kris was so excited. Asriel was finally coming home. Kris couldn't wait to see him, it's been like 7 years. Kris then got nervous. What if he made a bad impression? What if he looks weird? What if Asriel doesn't want to see him? What if-

Toriel's phone started ringing. Toriel quickly picked up her phone and answered the call. " Hello?. Yes, this is Toriel. W-what? No! No! Not Asriel..my son! I- AAHHH". Toriel smashed the phone onto the ground and screamed " He's gone!".

Kris's eyes widened as he realised what happened. His brother died. Toriel stammered " They said h-he was going off the train when another train was too fast and ran over him. He died. Asriel... is gone".

Kris fell to the ground, horrified and heartbroken. What was going to be an exciting day became Kris's nightmare come true. His brother is dead. The only person who truly loved him. Protected him. Helped him. And now he's gone.

Toriel and Kris clung to eachother on the floor and cried for hours. They spread the news across town and everyone was devastated. Kris got out his phone and read the notification.

4 unread messages from Susie.

Kris continued weeping as he tried to read it. He couldn't keep the tears from falling so he accepted it and read the messages that Susie had wrote.

Susie : Kris
Susie : Kris?
Susie : Why aren't you answering?

An hour ago

Susie: Kris?!? That's it I'm coming over!

3 minutes ago

Kris gasped. Great. Now he's going to face Susie while trying not to break down anymore. A knock on the door came, Kris ignored it. Again. And again. Kris just continued crying and letting it destroy him.

Susie just jumped in his window and saw the broken boy. Susie looked terrified and ran to the human. She lifted his chin up, and brushed the bangs from his face, revealing his red, heartbroken eyes.

She asked " What happened?". Kris screamed " ASRIEL'S GONE. HE'S DEAD. HE WAS THE ONLY ONE AND NOW HE'S DEAD!". Susie gasped in shock " Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that!". She hugged Kris tightly.

Kris attempted to talk but could only sob quietly as the girl patted his back. After a few minutes, they talked and Susie brought Kris some pie. He ate it hesitantly and sighed " Thanks". Susie told him that he is not alone.

She sang :

Lost in your mind
I wanna know
Am I losing my mind?
Never let me go

If this night is not forever
At least we are together
I know I'm not alone

Anywhere, whenever
Apart, but still together
I know I'm not alone

Unconscious mind
I'm wide awake
Wanna feel one last time
Take my pain away

If this night is not forever
At least we are together
I know I'm not alone

Anywhere, whenever
Apart, but still together
I know I'm not alone

I'm not alone, I'm not alone, I'm not alone

I know I'm not alone
I'm not alone, I'm not alone, I'm not alone
I know I'm not alone

Kris smiled " Thanks". They hugged and Susie asked Kris " Wanna go visit Ralsei and Lancer? Maybe they'll help you". Kris nodded and said to himself quietly.

" I know I'm not alone".