Chapter Nine: Return To Swamp

When the bus made it back to Herotown, The sky was pitch black. The lights inside the bus gave Iggy feelings of being on the underground train. When they landed outside Shaggy's Castle, Iggy was the first to get off the bus, Garnet was second.

"What an adventure that was!" Said Garnet.

"You bet!" Smiled Iggy, who turned around with his hands on his hips.

"I think we need a break from this whole adventure thing. Just for a bit" suggested Garnet.

"Usually I'd say something like Heroes Don't Take Breaks!" Chuckled Iggy. "But I agree with you. Tell you what, why don't we stay at that new hotel in the mountains?"

"Sounds good to me" replied Garnet.

"I'll go tell Shaggy about our progress" said Rex.

"I'll go back to the house and get our stuff" said Iggy. He was just about to leave, when Shrek got out of the bus and stood in front of Ighy.

"Well my brothers, it was nice tagging along. That was quite the adventure. Seems like it's all ogre now" he smiled.

"Are you kidding?" Replied Iggy. "It's NEVER ogre!"

"Ha! I guess you're right" he chuckled. "But still... It is indeed ogre... But not for you"

"Wait, what do you mean?" Asked Rex.

"I have completed my mission," said Shrek. "I have done as I was instructed by Shaggy... It's time I head back to my swamp"

"Wait, you mean, this is goodbye?" Said Iggy, who's some had quickly become a frown of sorrow.

"I'm afraid so" replied the giant green ogre. "The lot of ya have done better than me and Shaggy expected. You'll be great warriors someday... But I must depart from you now. I will watch over you with my crystal, and if you ever need my help... You know what to do"

"No Shrek! You can't leave! We need you!" Pleaded Tom. "If you go, so will I!"

"Don't argue with me, Tom!" Ordered Shrek. "This is my destiny... Yours is with the rest of the guardians. You are one of the prime members! I was just a simple traveller. If you leave, the whole team will drift apart"

"But if you leave, the whole team will shatter!" Said Tom.

"You have to let me go" Shrek said. "I know you guys can do it without me"

"At least let us take you back to your swamp" said Rex.

"Of course," smiled Shrek. He then turned to look at Baldi. "Hey Baldo, you think yer bus could get me back home?"

"My name isn't Baldo, it's Baldi!" Replied Baldi in annoyance.

"Baldi, Baldo, whatever. Can yer bus get me home?" Asked Shrek.

"Of course!" Said Baldi.

"Well then... One last road trip, eh?" Said Shrek.

"I'll go tell Shaggy the plan" said Iggy.

"I'll join you" said Rex.

The two of them ran quickly into Shaggy's Throne room, and Iggy blurted out with this:

"Hello my lord we have returned from our dangerous mission and have made it back in one piece expect one of the pieces are now departing from us which is Shrek by the way oh and we got our crystals back and the gate to the underworld has been closed well at least we think oh and we might have fused into one being earlier because me and Rex became this fused creature after our gems began to glow or something anyway see ya!" Said Iggy all in one breath. He then ran out of the throne room and back to the bus, with Shaggy looking very confused.