Bad Memories

~Chapter Six~

Victoria stared down at the diamond ring around her finger and fiddled with it. She had never worn jewelry on her hands before. The ring felt heavy but surprisingly it fit perfectly. She lifted her hand and pulled it out starring at the ring. Alex's reaction to the ring was horror stricken; he looked disturbed to even look at it. She didn't understand his action, or why his expression had changed into a soft one when he looked up at her. He was a very odd actor, but never the less the plan worked, both parents were upset at their actions. She sat in front of her dresser combing out her damp hair. The shower had helped her relax; it had taken her away from all the drama. She smiled inwardly knowing that this ring wouldn't last forever on her finger, Alexander and she had come up with a perfect plan.

***

Alex sat in the club drinking down shots with his friends; he wanted to forget what he had felt back there. He wanted to forget that weird dream he had earlier as well, it was irritating him that on the inside he somehow felt compassion for Victoria. He didn't need to feel anything for her, not even as a friend, for he didn't plant to keep her as one when the deal was said and done. He came back to reality, inwardly growling for letting his thought's trail off again. Ever since he gave her that ring he had been thinking about her the entire day, he let out a frustrated breath and grabbed another shot from the table and drank it down.

"Why don't we go back to your place," the brunette next to him purred. He stirred for a moment and then turned his gaze to meet hers. Alex stared at her long and hard and tried as hard as he could to remember her name, Damn it! What was it? He thought to himself.

"Sure doll," he replied giving her his signature grin. They rose off the table stumbling a little; she giggled and held on to him pulling out towards the exit.

"Hey Alex, I'm confused, are you in an open relationship or does she not know?" His best friend called out. Alex glared at Max and turned over his shoulder to look at him. He was messing with him again.

"You're engaged?" She asked stepping backwards. Alex flipped Max off and then turned to look at the pretty little number in front of him. She's not so pretty, he thought. He shook his head and turned to walk out without another word. He could hear his friends calling him back but he pushed their voices away along with the loud music being played.

"Get over it," He growled, digging for his keys.

He sat in the car for the longest time and then decided to turn the engine on and go straight home. When he arrived he walked into his apartment throwing the keys over his coffee table and settling in the center of his couch. A knock on his door had him rising only to get the biggest surprise of them all. Right in front of him stood Kim her auburn color hair flowed beautifully over her shoulders and her green eyes twinkled as she stared at him with a grin.

"Hello Alex." She said.

"Kim w-what are you doing here?" He asked, taken aback that his old girlfriend had suddenly showed up. Alex stepped aside to let her in, and as she did he caught the light hint of cigarettes on her and scrunched his nose in reply. Kim hadn't quit smoking; he guessed old habits died hard.

"So how is life?" She asked taking a seat on his couch.

Alex studied her from the top of her head to the bottom of her shoes. She dressed in a pair of skinny jeans and a leather jacket, with only a tank top underneath.

"Good and yours?" He asked making his way to the other couch.

"It's been kind of rough actually but I'm still here."

"So what brings you back here?" He asked trying to get comfortable.

"I've been thinking a lot lately...well about us." She replied looking at him from under her lashes. Alex stared at her for a moment and then found himself saying; "I'm actually engaged." He gripped the arm rest and immediately regretted saying that. As a reply Kim answered with laughter and threw her head back.