Hangover

Chapter Fourteen

Light spilled in through Alexander's half open blinds. The cool of the room and the scent of cologne filled the air. It was the first things Victoria could register as she slowly took a lung full of air. Her mind quickly went on high alert. She knew the feeling wasn't normal. She felt weird and out of place.

No sooner had she opened her eyes when the terrible head ache consumed her. She groaned in protest, feeling her tongue thick and heavy with the taste of a tangy sensation. Her fingers clutched at the sheets and she pulled them over her head, trying to find some refuge under them.

Her mind began to work, reminding her of the events of last night. The last thing she could hazily remember was spending time with Alex in the bakery. She felt herself grow stiff the instant the memory hit her. Slowly pulling out from under the covers she turned over her shoulder to get the shock of her life.

Alex laid beside her, the top of his body exposed without a shirt. A choked sob escaped her as she looked down to see she was fully dressed in his clothes.

"No, please, no!" She whispered, as she stumbled out of the bed. Her vision threatened to blurr as tears spilled from her eyes. Her heart sped up, tingles of fear overcame her as she retreated in haste out of his room. Without thinking nor taking time to collect her things, she hurried out the room, out the hall, and past his living room. She reached for the front door, her hands failing to turn the knob. Her body was shaking as she struggled to unlock the front door then finally open it.

The outside light hit her hard and she groaned in protests while blindly reaching for the railing. Her feet touched the wet pavement of the morning, and she cursed herself for not thinking about her shoes before running out.

Victoria hurried down each step, the hangover now pushing itself full force. Her stomach coiled as she finally reached the parking lot. The side walk was but a few feet away as she squinted to see clearly. She had left behind everything, her clothes, glasses, shoes, and worst of all her undergarments.

An anger overcame her shocked and saddened mood. She had trusted Alex and he had taken advantage of her drunken state. She growled and screamed as she marched away from his apartment. Her tears subsided but her heart could not stop hammering as she made her way towards home.

Had he planned all along to get her drunk and sleep with her? But why? Why had he bothered to look at her and make her a conquest? She wasn't appealing in the least, nor was she so courageous enough like the women he dated. She rubbed her face, wiping away the stray tears that had escaped her. She was not going to let this slide, she was going to give him hell for taking her innocence. A plan began to form in the back of her mind as she avoided traffic and finally reached a red light. Alex would pay dearly for what he had done.

***

His eyes stared at the long and honorable gown she wore. The white was nearly overwhelming to look at as he stood at the end of the Altar. His heart beat rapidly with anticipation to hold his soon to be bride. The veil covering her face, forbid Alex to look into her eyes. His heart was swelling with excitement as she grew closer. He trailed his eyes up starring at the way her dress spilled down like liquid.

Alex could almost feel his fingers trailing down her warm skin to pull the material down. His stomach tingled with desire as he smiled. He knew he was a lucky man to have landed such a beautiful, intelligent, and bright woman. Alex wasn't deserving of her love, yet Victoria had not seen anyone else but him.

As she reached his side, he extended his hand to take hers into his own. He gave it a light squeeze and smiled down to her. He could see tears brimming through the veil that covered her eyes.