Unexpected

~Chapter Twenty Six~

Alex rose off the bed and stretched feeling a smile overtake his features, last night he had planned the biggest surprise party for Victoria, and she had no clue. Her birthday would be in just a day and he wanted to throw her a bash. He quickly rinsed and rushed out the room to wake his cousin Hilary off the couch.

"Hilary get up," he whispered shaking her. Last night she had called him up drunk and high on drugs. She had gotten into an argument with her boyfriend and so he embarrassed her in front of the entire party. So to get him back she got drunk and stripped for the entire football team last night. Well that's what she had told him as she cried her eyes out.

"Hilary," he whispered shaking her again. She sprung up screaming, slapping Alex on the face, and landing with a loud thud on top of him.

"Alexander?" he heard from the front door. He groaned and tried pushing Hilary off him.

"Vicky?" he said. Her expression was pained as she stared at them both and quickly masking it into a timid shy smile she closed the door and rushed out.

Victoria felt tears blind her as she rushed towards her car and speeded away. She had come with the intention of proving to herself that Alex had changed and that last night he had simply gone out without having to pick anyone up. She was wrong. She finally made it to the bakery and rushed out of the car and locked the door behind her.

"Relax," she whispered pulling her glasses off. "You don't like him, you don't," she argued. She couldn't fight the tears that poured out and cursed under her breath as her heart began to beat faster from the pain it felt. She needed someone to talk to anyone, for that matter, She needed girl to girl advice.

Rummaging through her purse she pulled out Luanne's number and dialed it waiting impatiently for her to answer.

"Luanne... I need you," Victoria sobbed into the line.

"I'll be right there," was all she said and hung up.

Alex quickly went about the apartment trying to find his car keys, but came up short as he turned his apartment upside down. Clearly Vicky had gotten the wrong idea, and he needed to clear things up.

"Luanne I need to talk to you about something," Victoria began. She paced back and forth in the kitchen wiping off the remainder of her tears. "I need to come clean with this otherwise it's going to eat at me...I don't think I can hold it any longer," she sighed.

"I think I know," Luanne grinned stepping closer to her.

"I needed to tell you...," Victoria was cut off my Luanne's lips landing on hers. She stood frozen, shocked and most of all embarrassed. Luanne was a lesbian! She felt her blood drain to her feet as Luanne tried ramming her tongue into her mouth.

Alex jumped out of his car and rushed inside the bakery getting the surprise of his life. There Victoria stood kissing Luanne!

"Luanne," Alex said a little pissed off. She pulled away and grinned wrapping an arm around Victoria's waist.

"Alex," Luanne said. He stared at Victoria a little confused, shocked and most of all hurt.

"I need to talk to Vicky," he whispered.

Luanne nodded and leaned in to kiss Victoria again but this time she was quick to step back.

"Luanne I think you got the wrong idea here," she said.

"Excuse me?"

"I don't like you like that...I don't like women like that period. I'm so sorry you thought I was talking about you."

"Oh...I'm sorry Vicky," Luanne said. A frown overtook her features and Luanne stepped out of the kitchen.

"What was that about?" Alex said. His tone was a little sharp but he could not help the anger that boiled through him to see her in such a situation. He knew it was not her fault and he knew he should not be angry with her but the thought of even a woman touching Vicky in such an inappropriate manner made his skin crawl with envy.

"I don't really know...I was talking to her about my feelings for...,"

"For?" Alex asked.

"Alex...I need to let you know." She sighed. Victoria was tired of keeping it bottled up. If Alex rejected her it was fine but at least she had finally gotten the courage and confessed her feelings.