Kitchen Disaster

Chapter Twenty

She lifted a hand to her lips and closed her eyes remembering that night she had given Alex her first kiss in a drunk haze. A shiver found its way down the center of her back as the sudden urge for him to kiss her sprouted inside of her. She had been arguing with herself for over the last two days that seeing Alex with different eyes would simply not do. Alex had to remain just a friend because there was no future with him, seeing that he didn't seek to marry anyone after he convinced his parents that he was capable of being a good boy. These past two days he had spent it with her since the bakery opened until it closed.

They had finally received the business cards; a photographer had come by and took pictures of her latest work and one of her. The website was almost ready to be up and running and Alex had recommended she put the bakery's logo on her blue neon along with the shops number. She let out a small sigh and proceeded in mixing the flour.

"I think the window needs a new logo as well," he said.

"Hu?" Victoria asked looking up at him. Alex grinned and pushed her glasses up while coating her nose with flour.

"Don't," she chuckled pulling away. She tried miserably to brush the flour off her nose, but seeing that her hands were covered in dough she only managed to smear more of it on herself. Alex cracked a laugh and threw his head back enjoying her struggle to clean herself up. Without warning she suddenly blew flour on his face making Alex choke on his laughter. He responded with the same action and soon she was being chased around the table.

"Come on Vicky, just let me throw flour on you and we'll be even," Alex said taking a hand full of it into his hand.

Victoria laughed and ducked as he swung the white powder in her direction, but soon came into contact with his chest. He embraced her and held her tight while quickly grabbing a can of cool whip off the table and pressing down on the button. Whip flew everywhere as she tried avoiding the sweet foam from landing on her face. Laughter filled the kitchen as they both proceeded in turning the place upside down.

She somehow managed to break free of his grip and stumbled backwards pulling off her cool whip covered glasses. Alex grinned and began to wipe himself off as well pulling the apron over his head.

Victoria managed to wipe the whip off her eyes catching only a glimpse of Alex's mother nearing the kitchen door. She only had time to turn on her heel and scream at Alex.

"Look what you've done!" she spat. Alex stared at her confused and a bit hurt, and then it suddenly dawned on him as the kitchen door was being pushed open.

"This is what happens when you get on my last nerve!" he exclaimed.

"ALEXANDER LUCIAN JEWELS!" his mother screamed.

"Well get this through you thick head Alex, you don't intimidate me." She replied through a clenched jaw.

Alex pretended to glare at her and marched up to her yanking her against his chest, "Is that so? How about now?" He asked, taking her chin into his hand. He pressed closer and dared to inch his mouth to hers.

Victoria felt a shiver consume her but remembered that it was all an act and nothing more, he wouldn't kiss her.

"Not in the least, your charm has no effect on me," she spat trying to pull away.

"Alexander, outside, right now," his mother growled. Alex lifted his gaze to see his mother walk out the door. "I'll leave when I want," he quickly said to no one as he lowered his gaze to meet her chocolate colored eyes. A small groan escaped him as he lowered his head quickly and crushed his lips to hers. He was demanding as he sought her lips and only for a moment did he feel her react to it, but she soon froze and pushed away from him.