I Need Ammo!

Calvin slid the door open as Alex knocked. "Let me guess, special weaponry?"

Alex nodded. "Something to kill a vampire with. You have anything like that around here?"

Calvin shook his head. "Not at the moment. But I can in a few hours if you're willing to wait."

Alex handed him the blood-stained knife he'd stabbed Agony with. "I brought a sample of vampire blood. Do you think it'll help any?"

Calvin took it and walked to his desk before placing it under a microscope. He studied it for a few minutes in silence. "Did your father tell you how Agony became a vampire?"

Alex shook his head. Calvin took the knife from under the microscope. "The blood of the bat god. He injected himself with it to give him superhuman abilities. Instead, he became the only pure blood vampire. His only weakness is sunlight, but I think he may have another. If you can convince your mother to give me the jar of bat god blood, then I can make some sort of serum that should nullify his powers. He'll be a mortal. All you have to do is make sure the bullet or dart pierces his skin."

"Anything close enough to fifty caliber around here?"

Calvin's nodded, the expression on his face making it obvious that there was a catch. "I do have something like that. They were meant to be a gift for your father, but obviously, he never had a chance to receive them." He pulled a black iron box from under his examination table and hefted it onto the surface. He opened it and pulled out two massive pistols. "Fifty caliber. Tungsten bullets tipped with traces of mercury. Gives the bullet extra weight. Should do a hell of a lot more damage than those pea shooters your dad carried around."

Alex took one and aimed it at the wall. "How much recoil do these things have?"

Calvin sat at his desk. "I don't know, but I can tell you that it's most likely equivalent if not greater than a four barreled shotgun."

"That's a real thing?"

Calvin nodded. "Yeah. Takes a lot of upper body strength to fire it without knocking yourself down. Fire them if you want to. See if they fit you."

Alex tightened his grip on the gun and fired it. When the hammer hit the firing pin, he nearly fell back from the recoil. These things packed a punch. "Maybe I should have worn the mask before firing it."

Calvin shrugged. "That's up to you." He gestured to the fist sized hole in the wall where Alex had shot it.

Alex pulled the mask onto his face and fired again. This time, his posture held firm. He barely felt the recoil at this point. He smiled and set the gun on the table. "I'll take both of them. I'll be back at three. Would the serum bullets be done by then?"

Calvin did a quick equation on his notepad. "Assuming there's no hiccups, then they should be done by two. I guess I'll see you then."

Alex cracked his knuckles. "I'm going to Lockdown. There's someone there I need to speak to."