feeling better- Yakko x reader

—requested by @milkhurtsme —
*does involve shots so please don't read if it will make you uncomfortable or anxious*
2nd person pov
You walked through the crowded school hallway trying not to make eye contact with anyone. You were just informed you had failed a very important math exam and you would have to retake the entire course of you don't pass a retake. 'Perfect', you thought sarcastically my parents will kill me. Your next class was gym also another bummer. The only good thing about gym is that Yakkos in that class with you, it seems he can bring life to some of the most dull classes.

You walked into the gymnasium to see a giant white tent with red crosses on each side. "Hey y/n! come over here!", Yakko waved from across the gym, you walked over and sat on the ground next to him. Eventually the rest of the class got there and the coach began to explain what you would do today. "Instead of running laps you will be taking flu shots, now not everybody can take one but we have emailed all of your parents and most of them gave us the consent! You're parents have already paid for this so no talking and playing games so we can do this efficiently! When I call out your name come here and form a line and the rest of you stay seated!",she began. You started to sweat slightly, this day was already bad enough now this?! As she called names and students stood up to get in line you began to shake slightly. 'My parents wouldn't say yes right? they know how I feel about shots', you mentally reassured yourself. You were suddenly brought back into reality as you heard Yakkos name being called. You watched him stand up and wave at you before walking up to the line. "okay last but not least.. Y/n!", The coach shouted out. You stood up and slowly walked to the line behind Yakko, your legs felt wobbly, but you tried to remain as calm as possible. "now everyone stay in line but walk up to the tent two people will go in then when they are done the next two and we will keep that going!", The coach instructed before going back and letting the rest of the class watch a movie.

"Hey y/n? are you doing okay I know how you feel about shots.", Yakko asked soothingly. "I don't know I don't think I can do this why would my parents pay for this! They know I get anxious!", you wailed out and let out a dry sob. "Hey hey calm down it will be okay! wait let me see something", Yakko said and then stepped out of the line and began to count the students. "me and you are the last two that means we go in together! I can make sure nothing goes wrong!", he said and you just nodded your head. The line began to move faster and faster more and more pairs of two went in and out of the tent only causing your heart to beat at an unhealthy pace. "Yakko I don't know about this.", you said tears streaming down your face, you two were next. "it will be okay I promise, don't cry you can do it!", he reassured and wiped a tear from your cheek before grabbing your hand and leading you into the tent. You were slightly behind him as he led you by the hand to the chair. "who's going first?", the school nurse asked and Yakko insisted he would. He sat on the chair as the nurse cleaned a spot in his arm and began the short but not sweet process. "1..2..3!", The nurse said injecting the shot. "see that was quick!", Yakko said as the nurse put a blue bandaid on him. "I prefer lilac.", he muttered and then stood up. "Okay you next.", the nurse said and you sat down on the chair tears still streaming from your eyes. "i will be right here y/n just hold my hand", Yakko said and you wrapped your hand in his. "I actually prefer if you do not do that sir", The nurse said sternly and looked up at Yakko. "I have to do you not see them! they need to be soothed and I don't think you're the one that's gonna do it!", Yakko said as if he was giving an important speech. "fine.",the nurse replied and you sniffled as she began to clean a section of your skin with a disinfectant pad. "look at me alright.", Yakko said as he tightened his grip on your hand ever so slightly and slightly help up your chin facing him with his other hand, you nodded in response. "1...2..3!", The nurse said and you were relieved it was now over with. She gave you a green bandaid and you stood up and walked out the tent still holding onto Yakkos hand.

You both sat down on the ground with your backs against the wall with the rest of the class and began to watch the movie playing. "you did very good.", Yakko said still keeping his eye on the giant screen and wrapping his arm arounf your shoulders. "thankyou", you replied and let yourself get comfortable and snuggle up close to him. It remained this way until the bell rang
Yakko grabbed your arm and pulled you up to get your book bags. You both grabbed them and walked out the gym and into the hallway filled with students and teachers. "thanks Yakko, you made me feel a lot better.", you said blushing at the fact that he was still holding onto your arm. "Yeah no problem! anything for youuuu", he said smirking. "now i've got to go but ill see ya at lunch, muuuaah!", he kissed you and wandered off into the swarm of people. You stood there imaginary little hearts dancing around your head, already forgetting about the shot. You couldn't wait to see him again at lunch.

hope u enjoyed!! i will be posting a preference tonight as well! and another yakko x reader request I got last night! After I will write a dot x reader since it's been a while since i have!! those will also be published by tomorrow night!!