study date -Dot x reader

-90s au-
2nd person pov
"Y/n CAN YOU GET THE PHONE ITS RINGING!!", Your mom yelled from downstairs. You ran to the house phone hoping it was who you thought it was. "Hello?" "Hi is this y/n?", the other line asked. "yes this is" "hi! It's Dot! from school", Dot replied excitedly. Earlier that day at school you were paired up for an English project, you had to write an essay about something as if you were a salesperson trying to convince someone to buy a product. You had given Dot your phone number and planned to work on it later that day. "Are you still able to work today?", Dot asked on the other line while twisting the cord around her fingers. "yes! yes I can just uhh.. not at my place it's too loud", you replied as you watched your siblings fought over the tv remote. "Mine is also.", Dot said and you heard what sounded like someone yelling "ITS MY DONUT YAKKO!" After a bit of silence on both ends of the call Dot asked if you could meet at the library at 5:30 and you agreed. As soon as you hung up you ran up the stairs to get ready. You put on your favorite outfit and sat patiently waiting for 5:20. You ran down with your backpack and told your mom where you were headed. 

You began to walk to the library and got there at exactly 5:30, you sat around for another 10 minutes waiting on Dot. "I'm hereee!"Dot yelled out and jumped into the seat next to yours. "hi!", you replied noticing she had also changed her outfit from what she was wearing at school earlier that day. "I got it yesterday isn't it cute!", she said while standing on her chair and twirling around to let the skirt loosely flow around her like a blooming flower. "it's amazing", you said shyly. She sat back down and scooted her chair close to yours and began to pull out her work. "so I was thinking we could design a doll version of me!", she said cheekily. "oh that's a good idea I know I would buy it!", you said and she smiled brightly. 'ugh was that weird', you thought but were interrupted by Dot. "we should start writing.", she said as she put a piece of loose notebook paper and a pencil in front of me. "we can just write down thoughts then we can write the actual essay tomorrow since this is due next week.", she added. "alrighty!", you replied and you both began to write down and discuss ideas.

Once you guys finished for the night you announced you had to head home before it got dark. "aww already!!?", Dot whined which made you blush slightly. "you know I can walk ya home!", Dot said while moving in closer to you and fluttering her eyelashes. "okay that sounds nice", you smile and she grabbed your hand and led you out the library door. "which way?", she asked and you began to direct her towards your house. When you both got there it was already dark and a bit cold. "Dot I don't think you should walk home alone, can't someone pick you up?", you asked as you both stood in front of your driveway saying your goodbyes. "my brothers can!", she said and I let her into the house to use our home phone. Once she called them you both sat back outside on the cold cement driveway huddled up together, in a blanket you took from your room. "We should hang out sometime. Like outside of school work.", Dot said quietly while laying her head on your shoulder. "yeah I want to get to know you better.", you replied and she looked up at you and smiled. Just in that moment you heard crazy honking and someone yell "DOT WE ARE HEREEEEE ITS ME YAKKO YOUR BROTHER IM HERE WHERE ARE YOUUUU!!", you both quickly turned your heads at the direction of the noise. A small brown car was there and Dot stood up quickly and turned back to face you. "I'll call ya tomorrow maybe we can do more work. Or we could just hang out your pick!", she said and gave you a hug. "DOT WE DONT HAVE ALL DAY WAKKO IS HOME ALONE!!", The car driver yelled and Dot turned beet red. "bye!", you shouted out as Dot ran into the car. Before turning back to your front door you heard Dot yell "Yakko that was so embarrassing! Cant you see i'm doing something!", in a sassy tone from inside the car. You went back inside and couldn't stop thinking about the time the two of you spent together. How special it was to you if Dot felt the same. Even though you didn't know it, the moment you were wishing you would have more chances with her, her brothers Yakko and Wakko were making fun of her and singing "y/n and Dooottt sitting in a tree -..."

—I was going to write a requested flirty!Yakko x shy! reader tonight as well but i'm so sleepy!! i promise it will be out tomorrow tho!! goodnight everybody!—