24• [WRITTINGMAS 11]

off tumblr since personal reasons ❤️hope u understand and they write much better than me anyway.

y/n point of view

You had spent the day so far curled up in a ball on your couch, eating tub after tub of cookie dough. Your cramps had come on stronger this time, and your period came a week early. You weren't ready, and your house was out of ibuprofen. It sucked, to be blunt.
Your boyfriend had also broken up with you a few days ago, which only made you feel worse. But it wasn't completely terrible, you had a new crush, (y/c/n). And he was sweeter than sugar.
You had been texting him all morning and now it was mid afternoon, his family was driving home from their vacation to the cottage up north. He kept saying he was close to being home, and you joked with him saying he should come over and keep you company. After that he hadn't texted you back.
You turned the channel on the TV, when you heard your mom talking to someone downstairs. You were up in your game room, and heard footsteps coming down the hall. There was a knock on the door, and you feebly called, "It's open."
You turned in the direction of the opening door, and watched in awe as (y/c/n) came into the room holding a brown grocery bag.
"Hey." he said, smiling and coming over to you. "I brought you some stuff."
He started pulling things out of the bag, the first was a few pints of Ben & Jerry's, followed by two spoons, then a DVD copy of Grease, another copy of Footloose, and then Dirty Dancing. He knew that you had an equal fetish for John Travolta, Kevin Bacon and Patrick Swayze. There was also a box of microwave popcorn and a bottle of Vernors, your favorite, it was all your favorite.
"Oh my gosh...(y/c/n), you didn't have to, I was just messing around." you said.
"I know, but I wanted to come see the pretty girl I've been talking to all morning." he replied.
"Oh gosh, I'm not pretty, I didn't even put make up on." you complained.
"Exactly, and I love it." he said, a shy smile forming on his face.
"You do?" you asked, a little confused.
"I do." he said, smiling in confirmation. "I love you."
"What? You do?" you asked in shock.
"(y/n), is that such a surprise to you?" he asked. "I make so much effort into talking to you, just hoping that you'll like me back. You mean the world to me."
"Oh wow." you said, looking down in a blush.
"Don't hide your face, it's too beautiful." he said softly, moving your hands away from your face, and pulling your face to his.
Then he closed his eyes, and you closed yours and he gently pressed your lips together.
When you pulled apart, he smiled and asked, "So, which movie first?"
And as soon as the previews started on the TV, he was sitting with you on the couch, and you were snuggled into his chest, not even worried about your cramps anymore.