Chapter 5

I woke up to my alarm on my phone going off. Today is the first day of school. I'm a little nervous. I've never been the new girl before.

I crawled out of bed and quickly made it. I then went to the bathroom and took a quick shower, then got out.

I picked out a cute floral dress with some black slip ons. I decided to just curl my hair and do a waterfall braid. Then, I usued a bit of mascara and eyeliner, along with some clear babylips.

"Good morning, Mason." Beth said, as I came into the kitchen. "You hungry?"

"Good morning and a little." I said. She then handed me an apple.

"Hayes is in the living room waiting for you. Your dad will drive you to school everyday." Elizabeth said, then handed me a bright pink lunch box with 'Mason Jade' written across it in turquoise italics.

"Here's your lunch."

"Okay and thanks so much, Elizabeth." I said, then walked to the living room.

"Hey, Hayes."

"Hey, sis. Ready?" Hayes said. I nodded and we walked to dad's truck. We got in and took off to school.

***

Me and Hayes walked through the big metal blac doors and into the highschool. I'm really nervous. What if nobody likes me?

Hayes showed me to the office and I got my class list and everything else I need. First hour; History. I hate history. My best class is Math. That's easiest for me.

Me and Hayes said our goodbyes and I walked to my locker. It was locker number; 236. I stuck my bag in there, then got my history book, the office gave me and walked to History.

I'm not really sure where history is, but it's in room 306. I start looking at the numbers by the doors.

"Hey, Mason." said a very familiar voice. I turned around and met those chocolate brown eyes.

"Hi, Cameron." I said and turned back around. I started walking again.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday. I shouldn't ha-"

"Nothing to apologize for." I said, cutting him off.

Honestly, I was upset. He could have told me he had a girlfriend. But, it's really none of my business.

"Okay. Can we still be friends?"

"Never stopped." I said. I stopped walking and turned, facing him. He then smiled, showing off his perfect white teeth.

Wait.. Perfect? Stop it, Mason!

"Um, what class do you have first?" I asked, turning back around and walking.

"I.. Um.. History. You?"

"History." I said, happily. This is acually really good because I will acually know someone, instead of being a loner.

"Great. I'll show you the way." He said and he locked arms with me and we skipped to history. Yes, skipped.

***

I have lunch with Hayes and Cameron so that's good. I spotted them and then went and sat between them.

I have only acually met one person and that was in Spanish. She's really good and me, not so much. She offered to help me. Her name is Nicole Bates and she has long, blonde hair and dimples. I want dimples! There like so cute!

"Hey, Mason!" I heard Nicole say from behind me. I turned around and see her smiling brightly at me. "Can I sit with you?"

"Yah, of course." I said. Hayes then scooted down and Nicole sat beside me.

"What class do you have after this?" Nicole asked, taking a sip of her tea.

"I have Science." I said, rolling my eyes and openes my lunch box, that Elizabeth packed me. Yes, I hate science too.

She packed a peanut butter sandwich, Doritos, and yogurt that has crushed up oreos in it. Yumm.

"Good. I have that too."

Me and Nicole have 3 classes together; Algebra, Science, and gap. This is great. Maybe we will become best friends?

"Here," Nicole said, grabbing my phone. "I'll give you my number."

"Cameron! I thought we were gonna eat lunch together!?" I heard that annoying voice whine. Bitch.

I turned around and she was staring at me. No, not staring, burning. She was burning holes through the back of my head with her eyes.

"Yah, but Mason is new and I thought she might need a friend." Cameron said. Just then, Matt came over and sat in front of me.

"Mason, nice to see you again." Matt smiled at me, then took a bite of his apple. I pointed toward Jessica and he stopped talking.

"She has one! Acually, 3. Hayes, Nicole, and now Matt. So come on!" Jessica yelled and grabbed Cameron by the arm.

"Bye."Cameron sighed and walked off, with Jessica.

Cameron's p.o.v:

I hate dating Jessica! She's such a bitch! This whole 'dating' thing isn't terrible. I'm just too sacred to breakup with her. I can't see her cry.

I think... I think I want to be with Mason. I mean, she's gorgeous and she's funny and sweet and just, perfect. But, Nash would beat me if we dated.
***
Edited. 2 in 1 day? Awesome!

Okay, so if you keep reading instead of waiting for me to edit the next chapter, it might be a bit confusing. I edited this chapter.. A lot.

La La Love you Latte!✨

- Emily