CHAPTER TWELVE

AMELIA POV

The next day I am called to Eugene's office.

My bones ache in protest to my movement whilst I strut toward the Manor.

My muscles are not impressed by my sleeping arrangements last night. Having spent the night passed out on the floors of my apartment, I spent the morning trying to peel my quivering form from the floor and into a new pair of clothes. My last set having been completely soaked in sweat.

Now I'm dressed in a simple black singlet that hugs my form and denim, ripped shorts and my trusty black boots. My hair tied up in a tight but messy pony tail, my unruly curls almost breaking the hair tie.

Just as I place a single booted foot onto the steps of the Manor, the door swings open. Revealing a sombre guard awaiting my arrival.

Not allowing the fact that Eugene has clearly been waiting for me to cause panic, I continue to school my features into a placid mask. I will not let him intimidate me.

Without so much as a glance in the guard's direction, I rebelliously strut through the halls. 

Purposely ensuring my boots clank against the floors, alerting the house to my presence.

The noise seems to work since before I can turn the corner to reach Eugene's office, a servant is already rushing to open the door for me.

Without slowing my gait, I swagger forward and slump into my designated chair. Eugene watching my show with blank features.

After a minute's silence he finally deigns to speak. "Well, I do hope that your night out abled you to find something against Parker"

Yeah, I found out that you plan to infiltrate The Auction and take control from Mr Parker.

But instead of yelling and screaming about how The Auction is still ongoing and that Eugene not only wants to be involved again, but obviously wants to take over, I remain silent.

This does not amaze Eugene.

Standing up and buttoning his suit jacket he shifts around his desk and leans against it. Now standing inches from my face. His height forcing my gaze to lift.

"Amelia, Amelia, Amelia... What am I going to do with you?"

With a sarcastically sweet smile Amelia words drip with mockery, "buy me a pony?"He doesn't even flinch. Well, guess he's not in a joking mood.

"I warned you. One week was what you had, and you dare return with nothing?"

His voice doesn't raise in volume but the venom in his tone practically chokes me with its potency. I knew what was coming and nothing would prevent it. May as well egg him on.

"Amelia your performance as of late has been deplorable. I can't simply allow my best player to break now." He raises a hand, bringing his knuckles to my cheek and stroking my face lovingly yet his words promise threat. "I will not allow your actions to go without discipline. What master would that make me? This, my dear protégé, is for your own good."

That loving hand becomes a razor blade within moments. Like a snake it whips forward and takes hold of my neck, stealing my breath. My nails dig into the cushion of the chair, desperately fighting my instinct to grab at my throat and claw for air.

If I fought it would be worse. I would not allow him the privilege.

Quick as an asp he pulls my body up by my neck and throws my to the floor. His expensive leather shoes pad forth and collide with my ribcage. I tense my jaw to contain my groan of pain.

Crouching down, he snatches at my hair and pulls my face back.

"I do not enjoy this Amelia. Why, after 15 years do you continue to fight me?" A fist flies and collides with my mouth. Blood pools and I spit the metallic substance at the floor. His hand feels more solid than it should. Colder. Edges of an object biting against my skin. A knuckle buster?

Another fist to the ribs, hitting the same place as before and deepening the wound.

Yep definitely a knuckle buster.

My legs instinctively try to curl up to protect my stomach. Only moving a few inches before a knee strikes my abdomen. Then his fist. Then again. And again. The force of his hits causing my skin to split and blood to spill. The crimson mingling with the royal blue polyester.

Bile and blood climbs up my throat. The nausea causing my head to erupt into dizzy spells.

Eugene then grips my forearms and pulls my limp body from the bloodied floor and slams me against the wall. A nearby painting clatters to the ground and splinters from the force.

His face is so close to mine, I can smell his minty breath, spot the pores in his nose.He knees me in the stomach once more for good measure before delivering a final blow to my temple. His metal knuckles knocking me unconscious. 

---

Hey guys! How are you liking the story so far?

Next chapter is a bit special as it is finally JAYCE'S POV!! Excitingggg

Also I'm sorry these chapters are a bit shorter than usual books. I have pre-written this story and am uploading the chapters as I edit them and I hadn't realised that 600-1200 words a chapter was short. It's actually about 2-3 pages on word so damn. Now I know for next time. But it all should be fine anyways as I will be uploading 5-10 chapters at a time.

Thanks for reading! :)