CHAPTER THIRTEEN

JAYCE POV

My pen flies across the paper, lead painting the canvas grey. A smile tugs at my lips as I look upon my newest muse.

A drawing of a strange girl from the neighbouring rooftop, with fiery red curls and pale skin.Beautiful and enigmatic. Mystery girl has become my newest obsession.

Who is she?

I wish I knew. I had spotted her a week earlier, her form watching me from afar. Whilst I could only spy the outline of her wraith-like body I knew she was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen. She seemed so contained and graceful. So at odds with her unruly crimson hair.

I guess I should be concerned. She did appear to be stalking my house quite often. A matter that definitely brought up some concern.

But for some reason... I wasn't.

Instead I could only watch as she returned to that same spot every day or so and sat watching for hours.

How she could find the monotonous tasks of my household that entertaining I will never know.

Not that I was complaining. I mean, her presence finally gave me something worthwhile to draw.

And just as her stalking me was arguably quite creepy, I'm sure my dozens of drawings of her was just as concerning to outsiders.

Oh well.

This drawing however, felt different. Had more of an emotional edge to it. In my drafted sketch she sat on that rooftop, moonlight transforming her rowdy curls into a tempestuous crimson flame. Her face, since I haven't quite had the opportunity to look deeply at her features, remained blank bar the oval shape.

If only I could get a closer look at her.

I wonder where she is. What she is doing right now.

What does she do when she's not being creepy stalker girl?

Funnily enough the nickname only made me laugh rather than bring on concern.

Yes, she seems very apt with watching my house, but I feel like she's not here to hurt me. Instead, she seems to watch me with curiosity and bewilderment.

And I gotta say, I was feeling just as curious.

Where are you?

---

Ok, what are our thoughts on Jayce?

I get it, bit weird that he's ok having a stalker. But what can I say, had to get the ball rolling somehow haha

If you're enjoying the book so far, please vote! It helps me a lot :)