:27: Holidays

December 21st 2020

With the holidays around the corner everyone was preparing there last minute details. Christmas was suppose to be about joy and togetherness, but right now? Marley wasn't feeling any togetherness from her friends at McKinley high... She was learning a pretty basic, but still emotionally hard lesson...

Everyone struggled sometimes and everyone made mistakes.. Marley wasn't an exception to this. Unfortunately, Marley had let her feelings consume her actions and now she felt everyone's cold shoulder against her as she struggled to make things right again. She had accepted a date request.. which in itself wasn't horrible was it? But.. she had accepted it from Ryder. One of the two guys who had broken her heart. Sure, Ryder wasn't the WORST of the two, but she'd worked so hard all year long to stay away from dating and to focus on herself and her future.

In her defense.. things had been pretty lonely lately. Everyone had someone for the holidays, but she didn't. Sure she had her friend and her mother, but it wasn't the same she wanted someone special to share it with. Marley sighs softly gazing out of her bedroom window watching the snow fall gracefully to the ground. She was wishing she could be the snow right now..

What's worse? The date went really well and she had a great time with Ryder, but she knew she would because Ryder knew her really well and he made sure she would have a good time. She struggled with herself now tho. He had been calling and texting and even stopping by, but she was to confused and hurt to answer him. She knew her friends were upset but they hadn't spoken to her in days. She was starting to wonder if they'd leave her behind for this if they'd give up on helping her reach her dreams. Her heart ached at the thought of loosing them because of a date.. had it really been that bad to want romantic company? She'd done so well all year long focusing on her music and even getting them to nationals.. she just wanted a little happiness for herself someone to appreciate her in a different way then her friends did..

She rests her temple against the cold glass window as a tear slides down her cheek she wanted nothing more then to break down and just cry for hours, but she wouldn't allow herself to do so. It hurt physically and emotionally to think she'd lost everyone because of something so simple.. yet here she was all alone so close to the holidays it was a sharp contrast from two months ago during her special 18th birthday. The best party she had ever had and she still cherished it, but now it felt like a distant memory. It was insane how quick things could change.. how quick people could change how fast they could leave you in the dust to fend for yourself through the clouding darkness around you... Marley sighs and looks back out her window struggling inside with how to fix the situation she always tried to fix things and she wasn't sure if she could this time. She'd apologized and promised never to do it again, but it felt wrong to promise that because it effected her in a negitive way.. she felt such a strong mixture of things that she felt heavy and tired most days unable to pull herself from bed and glad it was Christmas vacation because she couldn't stand the thought of going back to school she couldn't face anyone not now... Not like this..

(ilovetheaussies. Thank you so much for suggesting I add a little drama to the story 😃 I can't wait to unfold this one!)