『Age 19』Part One

『Edited』

The red haired boy sat outside, surrounded by his plants. His soul poured onto his sketch book. A drawing of his best friend of two years: Kujo Jotaro.

Kakyoin Noriaki always tried to draw a person for their birthday, especially when they are close. He wanted to start on Jojo's a while in advance, just in case. So there he sat: in the garden. All the plants from tomatoes to tulips watching him sketch, the same way the solar system circles the sun.

The seconds turned into minutes which turned to hours. Kakyoin found himself watching the sun fall and once more stars showed themselves he went into his house.

He wanders around the house to say goodnight to his parents before going to his room. The walls are a slightly lighter green then Hierophant Green but one is an off white.

The red haired boy closes his eyes after falling onto his bed, just thinking about how people will think of the drawing. Kakyoin prayed to whichever god would listen that Jotaro would be empressed.

Thoughts of Jotaro often filled his mind endlessly, even in dreams. Every dream comes to and end and Noriaki knew that they won't last. He kept his dreams like he was savoring a meal. His parents never cared much about any type of queer so he hoped that none of his friends would think of him differently.

The 19-year-old woke up with tears threatening to spill. The disappointment that he woke up pained him every morning. His dreams were better than reality but he never let anyone know.

After a shower and changing: Noriaki felt normal. Not better but human. He felt all the emotions tangled and twisted together. The feeling of the fake boy he made to please all around him.

The boy spoke nothing as he gives a false smile to his mother. Prayers Noriaki repeater daily was in hopes his mother would see the pain behind the orange-ish brown eyes. All he truly wants is to speak to a person who'll listen.

"Morning mom," he finally said something. "How did you sleep?"
She smiled back, "I slept great Nori! Thank you for asking!"
"That's great," Noriaki mumbled slightly.

He walks out the front doors and dashes to his job. A little, cozy café that he was a regular for. Noriaki applied as soon as they wanted assistance.

A walk close to 20 minutes passed by. This time Kakyoin took a look at every small detail calling his name, due to the fact he had the time to.

"Good morning Kakyoin," his boss smiled as soon as Kakyoin entered. "Do you know what you're doing today?"
Nori smiled back, "I do. I'm working the counter until *random name* arrives, then I'll eat lunch. After I eat the new girl will arrive and I'm in charge of showing a few tricks."
"Good memory," his boss mumbled.
"Thank you," Nori replied before getting his apron on.

The café opened about 10 minutes after, Kakyoin had a 4 hour shift. By the time it was over it was 11:30 and *random name* arrived.

Noriaki was happy that his shift went by fast. He grabbed his lunch box and ate in the back. As soon as he came back two people walked in: the new employee and Jotaro. It was a little surprising but still funny how she was already drooling for him.

As Noriaki showed her the tricks he learned the new girl was an American woman. She got distracted by Jotaro 3 times (still the lowest by far).

"That's everything you need to know about this place. Oh but try not to get distracted by our regulars, you keep looking at Kujo Jotaro," Nori smiled because he was about to leave.
"Oh- i'm sorry," she mumbled.
Noriaki sighed, "it happens a lot, don't worry."

As soon as Kakyoin turned around and started walking to the door the new girl spoke up once more:

"Excuse me, sir, I want to ask a few things."
"Go ahead," Noriaki smiled but was still ready to leave.
She sighed, "do you know more about Kujo? How do you know English? And I never got your name."
"Firstly, yes Kujo is a friend of mine. Second, I learned from an American friend, I also know French, and Last my name is Kakyoin Noriaki," he explained.
The new employee nodded, "Kakyoin, I'm glad I'll work with you!"

Jotaro gave a wave to Noriaki asking him to come over. Another sigh feel out of Nori's mouth.

"Do you wan to meet him?" Kakyoin asked.
She nodded, "if you would be so kind."

Her eyes glowed in the way you only get in fairytales. The two walked over to the raven haired boy sitting alone.

"Kujo, this is the new employee," Nori introduced.

Noriaki walked away as the girl talked to Jotaro. Noriaki chuckled to himself as he saw the slightly disappointed look on his best friends face.

"Kakyoin, you did a lot today. Feel free to head out," his boss smiled. "You work too hard without a break so this isn't a question."
Kakyoin nodded, "thank you Sir. Let me know if you need anything else."

Another sighed passes through Noriaki's teeth as he left the café. He walked and kept his eyes on the ground for any small details that called out to the artist he is. He arrived to his house in a little over 20 minutes.