K

"I'm ready Sakura!" Naruto said, running out of his house.

"Okay. Let's go!" She said, trying to sound as exited and sincere as possible.

While they were walking to the picnic spot Sakura chose, Naruto reached for Sakura's hand to hold it.

'Lady Tsunade will be mad if I fail this mission.' Sakura thought to herself, giving in.

"Okay we're here!" Sakura said, setting up the picnic.

"Mmm, this food is delicious Sakura!" Naruto still couldn't believe Sakura was actually willing to go on a date with him, holding hands!

"S-Sakura..."

"Yes, Naruto..."

"I never knew you felt this way towards me. To be honest I thought you liked that idiot Sasuke! Since now I know how you feel about me I wanted to tell you.. never mind, I'll just show you." Naruto said, finally.

Naruto started leaning in to kiss the pink haired girl he was on a date with.

"W-wait I need to pee!" Sakura quickly thought of an excuse, "I'll be back Naruto!" She was not about to give up her first kiss for a mission especially since she was saving it for Sasuke.

"Okay. I'll wait here for you!" Naruto was so happy. Would he finally be able to be with the girl of his dreams?

Suddenly Naruto heard moving in the bushes so he pulled out a kunai knife and tiptoed to where the sound was coming from.

He looked behind the bush to see a raven haired boy jump out. "Ahh!" Naruto jumped.

"What are you doing here Sasuke?!" He said, surprised.

"Training, duh."

"Hey! Thats not fair!"

"What are you doing here?" Sasuke replied, ignoring him.

"Oh..Actually I'm on a date with Sakura!"Naruo smiled devilishly, wiggling his brows.

"Yeah sure, as if! No one would ever go out with a loser like you!" He laughed.

"S-she asked me out today! I'm not lying! We even held hands and were about to kiss! Fine, don't believe me, just watch!" He rolled his eyes at Sasuke, crossing his arms.

"Well then she probably wants something." Sasuke said, continuing his training alone.

"Yeah, me! Not you! Sasuke I think you're just jealous!"

"Don't come crying to me when you find out the truth." Sasuke said.

"Naruto!" Sakura suddenly popped out of some bushes.

"Sakura! Haha, I told you Sasuke!"

"Oh my god for a second I thought Itachi got to you!"

"Oh...My...." Sakura then realized she accidentally told Naruto the truth about why she wanted to spend the day with him. Even worse, Sasuke was there.

"Itachi?!" Sasuke towered towards Sakura. His eyes were dark, nothing but revenge and anger in them.

"I-" Sakura tried to speak but then Sasuke grabbed a hold of her shirt, pinning her to a nearby tree.

Once Naruto realized what was going on, he ran to try and help Sakura out of Sasuke's grip. "Let go of her you bastard!"

"Where is he! And why is he after Naruto!" His eyes suddenly got even darker and he was grabbing her even tighter.

"S-Sasuke! You're hurting her, let her go!" Naruto pleaded.

Sasuke then turned to the blond boy realizing he was scared of him. He suddenly let go of his grip on Sakura.

"Whats wrong with you!" Naruto yelled at Sasuke before running towards the girl gasping for air.

Naruto didn't know what to do so he decided to do CPR on her.

Sasuke was staring at his palm for a few minutes realizing what he had done. He then looked up to see Naruto's mouth crashing onto Sakura's.

His heart dropped. Why do I feel this way? He thought to himself. I'm probably just shocked about almost killing my friend? No, this is something I've never felt before. Why am I so mad that Itachi is after Naruto? It's probably what he did to our clan. It has to be..

Sakura suddenly started breathing normally again. "S-Sakura! You're okay!" The boy started tearing up, pulling her in for a hug.

When Sakura pulled away from the hug she looked around to look for Sasuke. "Where did Sasuke go?! Lady Tsunade is going to be pissed!"

"W-What why?" Naruto was confused about everything that had happened the past few minutes.

Sakura quickly stood up running out of the forest they were in.

I was actually foolish enough to think Sakura liked me? I'm such an idiot. Sasuke was right. I should have listened to him.

Wait! Why does that matter now?! I need to find Sasuke! Naruto thought to himself.

Naruto searched most of the village till he found Sakura crying near a bench.

"Sakura!" Naruto quickly ran toward the pink haired girl.

"Sakura! Why are you crying?! Where is Sasuke!?"

"H-he... Left.." Naruto could hear the emptiness and sadness in Sakura's voice.

"It's okay Sakura. I'll bring him back, I promise." He finally said, pulling her in for a hug to try and comfort her, not knowing what was to come.