I

Naruto POV

It's been a month since Sasuke left and I feel so alone. I never realized how much he affected me and how much he meant to me till I lost him. Either way, I'm going to bring him back. I'm sure of it.

knock knock

I suddenly heard a knock at my door so I got up sluggishly. Ever since Sasuke left I can't seem to find any meaning to my life. It's like everything is meaningless since he is gone.

When I opened the door I came face to face with Sakura. "Hey Sakura."

"Hey Naruto. Lady Tsunade wanted to speak to us." She said, holding some papers in her hands.

"Okay, I'll get ready and see you there." I said.

"Okay, see you there." She walked away.

+++

When I entered her office I saw Kakashi and Sakura waiting for me. "What's up?''

"I have a mission for you guys." She said.

Once I heard this I was so annoyed, I didn't see any reason to do missions anymore. They were no longer exiting or fun but when she said the next few words I felt like my broken heart just got hope.

"We have news about where Orochimaru is, meaning Sasuke is near. I'm sending you guys to try and get him back."

I looked over to Sakura, her face had that sparkle in her eyes she used to have whenever she was with Sasuke. I felt happy since I hadn't seen that spark in forever.

"But don't we need someone to join our squad?" Kakashi sensei asked.

"Yeah, I already got someone to join your squad for this mission on out."

"But Lady Tsunade we are getting Sasuke back! Why would we need someone else!" I protested.

"You can't be sure."

"Whatever, when are we going Lady Tsunade?"  Asked Sakura.

"Since Orochimaru changes hide outs often you need to get there as soon as possible."

"Agreed. Lets go now." Kakashi said.

"Yeah but where is the person joining our squad?'' Sakura asked.

"He will meet you at the Leaf village entrance, his name is Sai."

"Okay! Thanks Lady Tsunade!" I said, even I couldn't believe how happy I was. Is this how Sasuke affects me?

+++

Once we got to the Leaf village entrance there was this boy with brownish hair. "Is that him?" Sakura asked.

"Lets go see." Kakashi sensei said.

"Are you Sai?" I asked, walking up to him.

"Hm? Yes. I will be replacing Sasuke on this mission."

"Well, we won't be needing you for long." I said, after all we are getting Sasuke back! I'm sure of it.

"Naruto try to get along with Sai. What makes a team good is their teamwork."

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Let's go get Sasuke back!"

"Yeah!" Sakura said, agreeing.

+++

We went as far as we could to Orochimaru's hideout but we had to rest for the night.

"Goodnight Sakura and Kakashi! Sasuke will be back with us tomorrow!"

Sakura's POV

Ever since Lady Tsunade told Naruto we might be able to get Sasuke back he has gone back to being himself. He may not know this but he has this special vibe to him that makes everyone around him happy that he lost when Sasuke left.

I really hope we can get Sasuke back. I know Naruto of all people can do it. They seem to have a special bond.

+++

Once we woke up Naruto rushed us to get going so we did.

"Slow down Naruto! You're going to tire yourself out!" Kakashi yelled at Naruto.

Naruto just ignored him and kept going.

+++

"So is this it? How do we go in?"

"There is a entrance over here." Sai pointed out.

"Way to go Sai." Kakashi said.

Naruto POV

Once we walked into the hideout there were millions of doors so we split up. I got stuck with Sai and Kakashi ended up with Sakura.

"Naruto!" Sai said.

"What!" I didn't feel like talking, especially with Sai.

"My rats have located someone fitting Sasuke's description."

My eyes widened and my head flicked to look at Sai "Where?!"

"Follow me." Sai said.

I followed Sai and he led me to this open area where Kakashi and Sakura were already. I ran to them "Where is he!"

I noticed they were looking up, so I looked up. Once I realized it was that Sasuke, my Sasuke with raven hair and oynx eyes I felt my body stiffen.

"S-Sasuke.." I was completely shocked.

"You called?" He replied coming down from where he was standing.