Bad Day (w/ Dadzawa)

!!! BIG CW FOR CHILD ABUSE!!! Also self harm kinda but not really (Katsuki has a panic attack and tries to hurt himself but not in an intentional way) !!!

Something is wrong.

Aizawa feels it the moment he sees Katsuki enter his classroom that morning. He picks up on the way he hunches over his desk, curling in on himself uncharacteristically, his hands tapping and rubbing and clicking everything in sight, the distant look in his eyes, the way he squirms uncomfortably whenever someone looks at him. Something is wrong with Katsuki Bakugou, and every cell in Aizawa's body is screaming to 'HELP HIM.'

"Bakugou," he says as nonchalantly as he can manage. "I'd like to speak with you after class." The blonde looks up at him.

"'Kay," he says softly. Eijirou pats his back.

"Good luck man," he says, exiting the room.

Katsuki just stares at his desk.

Once everyone has left the room, Aizawa carefully sorts out papers on his very messy desk until Katsuki works up the courage to walk over to him.

"You wanted to see me?" He asks gruffly, clasping and unclasping his hands in front of himself. Aizawa manages a neutral expression.

"Yes," he says. "You seem like something's troubling you. Is everything alright?"

He doesn't miss the way Katsuki's hand flies up to touch his bicep, panic spreading across his face before he visibly swallows and collects himself. He inhales sharply.

"Everything's fine," he says. "Can I go?"

"Bakugou..." Aizawa sighs, searching his face for something, anything for him to grasp onto and help. He finds nothing. "I just want you to know that you can talk to me if something is bugging you." Katsuki nods shortly.

"Is that it?"

"Yes," Aizawa says softly. "That's it."

During their lunch break, Hizashi confronts him about the whole situation.

"Bakugou was acting very strange in my class today," he says. "I mean, it's to be expected with everything going on, but the difference is... astounding. He's so quiet."

"I noticed the same thing," Nemuri says. "He didn't do shit in art this morning. I wanted to scold him, but it seemed like if I even looked at him wrong he'd burst into tears."

"I tried to talk to him about it," Aizawa says. "For a second I thought he was going to have a panic attack, but then he just kind of... shut down. I'm going to see if he wants to try talking to one of the counselors now that the dust is settled." Hizashi nods in agreement.

"I'll hold down the fort if you want to bring him into our room," he says. Aizawa shakes his head and swallows his bite down.

"I don't want to make him uncomfortable. I'll just go to his room right before curfew."

"And that," Nemuri says. "Is why you pay attention in your child psychology class."

"Nemuri, that's a requirement to become a teacher," Hizashi groans, rubbing his temples.

The day moves on, and Aizawa decides to sit in on All Might's training class instead of using his free period to grade papers. Yagi is more than eager to have him there, telling him that it's nice to have some company. He doesn't have the heart to tell him that he's only there to observe Katsuki's behavior.

Said student is... fine. He wouldn't say he's his normal aggressive self, but he's upright, wrestling with Eijirou and hurling half-assed insults at Izuku. But Aizawa can see that the distant look in his eyes hasn't faded.