Found Family (w/ Dadzawa, Papa Mic, Big Bro Shinsou, + Carer Kiri)

!!! CW: Katsuki wets the bed towards the end, but I separated that scene from the first part so if you're squeamish about unsanitary stuff stop reading when you see the break! !!!

"Hey, Dad, have you seen my-"

Hitoshi drops his phone, the want to find his charger leaving his body as he takes in the sight in front of him. Katsuki, in Aizawa's room, playing contently with a stuffed elephant and sucking on a... is that a pacifier?

"What the Hell?" Hitoshi mutters. Aizawa stands up from his desk chair.

"Hey kiddo," he says, bending down to ruffle Katsuki's hair. "I've got to go talk to your brother about something. Is that okay?"

"'Toshi?" Katsuki questions, letting the pacifier fall out of his mouth. He locks eyes with Hitoshi and his face goes pale.

"I know, kiddo, I'm going to explain everything to him right now," Aizawa says.

"Papa," Katsuki whimpers, holding the stuffed elephant to his chest. Hitoshi shakes his head in disbelief as his adoptive father leads him out of the room.

"Katsuki age regresses," Aizawa says simply. "His brain reverts back to how it was when he was a young child as a result of his PTS. It's a coping mechanism, really. Involuntary, but we we worked hard to make it safe and beneficial for his mental health." Hitoshi blinks at him.

"So.. he's like an overgrown baby?"

"Be nice," Aizawa scolds. "He's very sensitive when he's regressed. Don't make it worse."

"But he is, right?"

"Hitoshi..." Aizawa sighs. "I need you to be respectful about this. Can I trust you?"

"... Yeah, of course," Hitoshi grins. "It's kinda cool to have a little brother anyways. Can I talk to him?" Aizawa hesitates.

"He's still barely comfortable interacting with Papa in this state," he says. "I wouldn't-"

But Hitoshi is already pushing past him and plopping down next to Katsuki on the floor.

"Bubba..?" Katsuki whispers, looking down at Hitoshi with big, watery eyes. "M'sorry 'm weird. M'sorry, bubba." Hitoshi rolls his eyes.

"What are you talking about?" He asks, pulling Katsuki into a side hug. "You're not weird."

"Really?" Katsuki asks. Shinsou laughs.

"Yeah, really." He pokes the elephant that Katsuki has a vice grip on. "What's his name?"

"Not a 'he,'" Aizawa chuckles from the doorway, amused. "You boys keep playing nice, I'm going to get myself some coffee."

"Her name is Struc- Desitruc... um..." he frowns, trying to get the words out right. "Destructor!" He finally manages.

"Oh, how suitable," Hitoshi laughs.

Katsuki smiles widely and leans closer into Hitoshi's side, delighted that he has a new playmate.

- - -

Katsuki starts awake with a gasp, flying up in his bed. Immediately, he starts wailing, upset by the all-too-real dreams that ran through his head. He cries harder when he registers his wet bedsheets and shakily reaches for his phone, flicking the lamp on and dialing Hitoshi's number.

"Hello?" Hitoshi asks, sounding very much awake. Katsuki instantly relaxes a little.

"Bubba," he whimpers. "M'scared."

"Another nightmare?" Hitoshi asks. Katsuki hears clattering in the background.

"Yes."

"Okay, I'm coming right over. Be there in a minute," he says, hanging up.

A knock sounds at Katsuki's door, and he jumps, shrinking back.

"'Toshi?" He calls out, voice trembling.

"Hey 'Suki, it's me," Eijirou says, opening the door. "Do you want me to get your dad?"

"N-No," Katsuki sobs, shaking his head. "He's sleepin'. I-I'm okay. I'm okay."

Eijirou carefully walks over to Katsuki's bed, sitting down next to him as much as he can without getting wet. He pulls him into a hug.

"You had a bad dream?" Eijirou asks. Katsuki sobs and nods against his chest. "You could have called me. I'm right next door."

"Called Bubba," Katsuki says.

"Okay," Eijirou whispers, pressing a kiss to the top of Katsuki's head. "Do you want me to help clean up your accident?" He asks.

"Stop," Katsuki sobs. "S'gross."

"Oh, honey," Eijirou sighs, petting his head.

"Is he okay?" Hitoshi asks, clambering into the room. Eijirou nods.

"He's not too happy about being regressed right now, but he didn't hurt himself." Katsuki clings tighter to Eijirou. "Accident," Eijirou mouths to Hitoshi, and he nods.

"Hey, little man. How you doin'?" He asks, crouching down to Katsuki's level. The blonde moves his head so he's facing his brother.

"I feel yucky," he says, sniffling.

"Okay, well, that's an easy fix. You can take a quick shower and then you can crash in my or Kirishima's room for the night. Sound good?"

"Yes," he mumbles brokenly. "... Sorry."

"You don't have to apologize," Hitoshi assures him. "Kiri and I are gonna get it all figured out, little man. You don't have to feel bad."

"Mm," Katsuki grunts, not sounding convinced.

"You wanna get in the shower now?" Hitoshi asks, brushing the hair out of his face. "Hm?"

"No," he says. "M'scared."

"Honey, if you stay in your wet clothes you're going to get a rash," Eijirou says.

"No!" Katsuki whines.

Eijirou and Hitoshi share a look of concern.

"He's probably still on edge from his nightmare," Hitoshi offers. "You want me to get Dad to sit with you in the bathroom?"

"Papa," Katsuki whimpers, his lip wobbling again. Hitoshi blinks in surprise.

"Papa? You want Papa?" Katsuki nods. Hitoshi stands. "I'm going to go get him. Can you keep him calmed down in the meantime?"

"Sure thing," Eijirou says, still holding Katsuki to his chest. Once Hitoshi leaves, Eijirou sighs. "What are we gonna do about you, 'Suki?"

Hitoshi returns with Yamada a few minutes later. He looks fairly alert, which means he probably wasn't sleeping to begin with.

"Katsuki?" He says gently, pulling him away from Eijirou. "What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"I h-had a bad dream," Katsuki says, clinging to his adoptive father. "M'sorry, Papa."

"That's okay, baby. Let's get you cleaned up and into some comfier clothes, hm?"

"O-Okay," he hiccups, rubbing his eyes. "C-Can I sleep with you and Daddy tonight?"

Yamada's heart squeezes. It's been weeks since Katsuki's asked to sleep in their bed. When they first adopted him, he spent every night he was regressed curled into Aizawa's side. It felt nice to care after Katsuki like that, although he was a bit saddened by the fact that the boy clearly favored his husband over him. He squeezes Katsuki a little tighter.

"Of course, baby," he coos, petting the back of Katsuki's head. He turns to Eijirou and Hitoshi. "Thank you guys for helping him. You should both get back to bed now, I've got this covered. We can clean up his bed in the morning." They nod.

"G'night Papa," Hitoshi says, pressing a kiss to his cheek. He plants one onto Katsuki's forehead as well. "G'night little man."

"Goodnight Hizashi Senpai! Goodnight 'Suki!" Eijirou says, bowing. Yamada chuckles.

"Yes, yes, you're both very well-mannered. Now go," he says, waving them off. Katsuki whines uncomfortably and squirms.

"Can I take a tub now?" He asks, as if it were his idea. Yamada smiles at him.

"Yeah. Let's go get you cleaned up."