Separation Anxiety (w/ Dadzawa, Papa Mic, Big Bro Hitoshi, and Carer Kiri)

!!! BIG CW FOR: anxiety, depression (including self-deprecating thoughts), bad anxiety/panic attacks, unsanitary (wetting + poor hygiene + lots of cryinf), medical talk, implied/referenced child abuse, fighting, heavy angst !!!

Katsuki is cold.

It's almost midnight, which means he's been staring at his ceiling and sobbing violently for hours now, and he's freezing fucking cold.

He could get under the blankets. He could crawl into bed with Eijirou. He could do a lot of things. But he doesn't have the capacity to do anything other than lay there and cry.

The reason he's upset beyond repair is so fucking stupid that he refuses to talk about it, but it's simple enough. His dad is away on a mission, and he hasn't talked to him in....

A week.

One week. That's all it took for the Great Bakugou Katsuki to break down, seven days without his father. Unbelievable.

Whatever he's doing is so top-secret or whatever that he can't talk to his family until he gets back, and even then he can't discuss the mission. He told them that those were his instructions and that he had to follow them, but he has a habit of keeping dangerous information from his loved ones in case they act irrationally and try to go after him- or, worse, end up hurt in the name of salvation.

Aizawa may or may not have some trauma that he needs to address.

Regardless of the technicalities, it's been seven days since Katsuki has seen or heard from him. Seven days with no reassuring hugs or head pats, no stubble rubbing against his face when he kisses his forehead before bed, no smell of his coffee so strong it could induce a heart attack to a man twice his size, no gruff greetings or amused smiles or the soft feeling of a scarf smushed against his cheek as he rocks him to sleep after a nightmare.

He starts sobbing harder.

It's so dumb to miss your dad that much. He's not even regressed, so it's not like he NEEDS him. He's fully capable of taking care of himself, and even if he wasn't, he has Yamada and Eijirou and a dozen other people to help him. He shouldn't feel so heartbroken.

But he does. God, he does. Because Aizawa was the first adult in his life to acknowledge his personal strength without snuffing his pride. Because when he was kidnapped, he stood up for Katsuki in front of a nation of people insisting that he'd join the League. Because he didn't hesitate to take charge the SECOND he suspected how rough things were for him at home. Because he didn't get weirded out the first time he called him 'Daddy,' or the countless occasions he'd wet the bed while sleeping in between him and Yamada, or the handful of instances he threw up directly on him. Because he loved Katsuki unconditionally, and even if they fought sometimes, that could never change.

At least... he hopes not.

Okay, maybe there's a bit more as to why he's so distraught. Maybe he and Aizawa got into a fight before he left about the dishes in the sink. And maybe that fight escalated into one about the whole house being 'in shambles,' and then one about how neither of them take care of themselves, and then maybe, just maybe, when all the little fights were morphing into a big, ugly screaming match, maybe Katsuki yelled something really, really bad.

Maybe.

'YOU'RE JUST LIKE MY MOM!'

... And then maybe Aizawa left with that argument fresh in his mind, without receiving a response when he tried to say goodbye to Katsuki, and now he's gone with no clear end in sight because apparently even a time frame is too much information to share.

He looks at the time.

00:53.

He's still cold.