Seizure Boy (w/ Dadzawa)

!!! CW FOR: verbal child abuse, mentions of police officers, medical talk, loss of appetite (not anything ed related), and implied physical child abuse !!!

"Listen, you brat! I did not waste sixteen years raising you just so you could tell some sob story to your teachers and leave me!"

Keep your head down. Don't look at her.

"When you walk out of that door, Katsuki, it's over! I won't ever see you again! Be rational!"

Don't cry. Don't cry don't cry don't cry.

"GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"

"Ma'am, please go sit back with your husband. This isn't the kind of-"

Katsuki shuts the door before he can hear what the police officer is telling his mother. There's a hand on his back, and he doesn't have to look up to know that it's Aizawa. They have a bond now, whether he likes it or not, and he can recognize his touch easily.

"Are you okay?" He asks softly. Katsuki scrubs at his eyes with his free hand, the other one gripping his duffel bag tightly.

"Let's go already," he requests quietly.

The drive to Aizawa's house is tense. Katsuki can't stop crying no matter how hard he tries, which Aizawa expected, but it's still a little awkward. Pair that with the man's slightly deadpan rambling, and it makes for a very stressful twenty minute drive.

"So, you've obviously met Hizashi already. Obviously. He's your teacher. Did you talk to Hitoshi yet like I asked?" Katsuki shakes his head shortly. "Right. That's fine, really. You talked a little bit during the Sports Festival, and I've given him the rundown of your situation, so..." He clears his throat. "I, uh. I didn't mention the age regression thing, for the record. I left out a lot of stuff, actually. I just told him that you've been through a lot of trauma and that your home life is rough, so you'll be living with us from now on. I didn't want to cross any boundaries, so the other stuff is up to you to tell him if you want."

"... Am I staying with you forev-ver?" Katsuki asks, his voice broken and raw.

"Well..." Aizawa sighs, tightening his grip on the steering wheel. "Hizashi and I talked about adopting you. A lot, actually, we've been talking about it since I found out about everything. But it really boiled down to it being your decision. If you just want us to foster you until you can find a permanent home to live in, we're fine with that. But I want you to know that you are more than welcome to stay with us for as long as you like. You're not intruding or disrupting anything, we want to take care of you, kid. Okay?" Katsuki nods, sniffling.

"Uh. I gotta think about it."

"I know," Aizawa nods. "I don't expect you to make a decision right away. Take as long as you need. We'll support you no matter what."

"I-I-I'm," Katsuki stutters anxiously, then takes a deep breath and presses his palms to his eyes, trying to calm himself down. Aizawa waits patiently, sparing him little glances every now and then. "... I'm not an easy kid," he says finally, not removing his hands. "I-I... I break shit when I'm angry, and I'm always fuckin' angry, I swear all the time, I keep shit bottled up, I'm mean, I'm impulsive, I'm shit with authority, I-I...!" His voice breaks and shifts to a higher pitch. "I, uh..! My attitude is so bad that the fucking League of Villains thought that I would fit in, I let myself get fucking kidnapped, I literally killed my childhood idol because I was too weak to fight for myself-!"

"Katsuki," Aizawa stops him gently. "You're too hard on yourself. Those things that happened to you... they weren't your fault. People don't see you for who you are. You're a strong, brave kid. I have no doubt in my mind that you're going to make a great hero one day."