Canyon Moon

Summary: falling in love under the canyon moon

Louis sat on the edge of his bed, shuffling through note after note on fucking cells.

Louis groaned and exhaled in small huffs that took up the silent of his flat.

"And that's going to be all for today, if you have an-" the teacher swooned in her fake voice before he hit the 'End Call' button and ran his hand through his hair.

Looking back at his notes and homework, he finished up the question he was on and stuffed the papers haphazardly into his flimsy blue folder.

He's in the last year of University to become a Biomedical Engineer, which is a decent job but he was barely holding his place for an opportunity for a job

First year, he barely passed with a 65%, second was slightly better with a 69%, third...he almost failed but he cheated on the final exam, and this is his forth and final year.

So far, his average was 63%, and he needs at least 70% to get a decent job. To say he was stressing would be an understatement. Not to mention footie practice every day, taking care of his sisters and mum, hours upon hours of daily homework and keeping up with his hobbies.

The only thing that keeps him from breaking is his best mate, Harry.

Harry has been there since his freshman year at the University, studying the exact same thing, but he dropped out. Kind of hypocritical seeing as Louis wanted to drop out too, but Harry was the one to convince him to stay.

He's the kind of person that lays back and relaxes, letting his responsibilities pile up (which is probably why he dropped out).

And the meditation. The fucking meditation.

Louis pretends that he can't stand it, but in reality he finds it kind of interesting, picking up bits and pieces of information that Harry rants to him about. He pretends he's not listening, but he likes to hear him talk. His slow, over enunciation of words, the small 'uh's or 'erm's that he says as place holders between sentences. Sometimes he listens to what hes saying, but other times he just likes the sound of his voice.

And the things he talks about. Louis had absolutely no interest in these kinds of things before he met Harry. It must be the influential tone to his voice that makes the things he says stick. If only that was the voice of his professor, maybe then he would actually do well in school. Maybe.

Harry's house was always littered with small glass bottles of essential oils and bath salts. The smell of burning incense and pot fill up his small bungalow. Lavender for sleeping, orange oil for colds, the list goes on.

It was the last day of school before summer break. That's the only good thing about this University, all students get the summer off, which was weird, but Louis' not complaining. The complete opposite actually, he doesn't know what he would do if he had to study through the summer, he surely would have dropped out by now.

He stopped hanging out with his friends, he turned all his attention to school and his sisters. He feels shitty for it, yeah, but he's not wasting all the money for University. He has to pass. No pressure.

Every day is the same for him, and he swears hes going insane. Sometimes he wishes he could talk up herbal remedies like Harry, maybe that would calm him down. Or smoke pot, but his University makes everyone take routine drug tests every week. Plus he wouldn't want to encourage that behaviour infront of his sisters.

Hes stressed, worried, pressured and anxious. He needs a vacation but he can't. His summer will provide be filled up with class selections and getting prepared for the next season, so he has no time to relax.