Chapter 4, Robert Uses His Brain

Leonardo finally finished unpacking and came downstairs. It took him a while but it's Leonardo, he is an inventor so he most likely had to set up his work station. Robert was sitting there on the couch, waiting for Leonardo to come back down the stairs. Leonardo finally came marching down the stairs and sat across from Robert on the other sofa. 

"Oh hey, took you a while." Robert said watching Leonardo get comfortable.

"Yeah, had to get organized. I can't have my living space being a wreck." Leonardo responded. 

Robert looked out the window and sighed. He was waiting for Mark to arrive home. Mark said he was going to the store but Robert thinks that he is seeing someone else.

Leonardo took note of Robert looking out the window. He put two and two together and figured out he was waiting on someone.

"Who are you waiting on?" Leonardo asked.

"Oh just Mark, he said he was going to the store but he goes to the store daily. I would think we had enough food for 3, now 4 people if he's going daily." Robert responded.

It was silent for a moment. Neither saying much. Robert took it upon himself to say something to make the situation less awkward for both parties. 

"You know, I'm suspecting he's having some kind of affair with another person." Robert said.

"Why would you think that? Aren't you two married with children." Leonardo asked.

"All marriages have something wrong with them, none are perfect. You should be well aware of that by now." Robert responded.

"Oh uh yeah, I guess I should. I'm going to head upstairs this is kind of getting a bit awkward don't you think." Leonardo said while standing up and walking towards the stairs. 

As soon as Leonardo reached the bottom step, Big Bird came flying through the window. Screaming and yelling as he scrambled to get off the ground. Leonardo and Robert noticed the chaos happening and ran over  to see what was happening.

"Oh, it's just you. Jesus Big Bird, you gave me a heart attack." Robert said.

"I'M GOING TO BE ON SESAME STREET!" Big Bird yelled. 

"Holy crap kid that's awesome!" Robert said running towards Big Bird to hug them.

Big Bird took note of Leonardo standing behind them.

"Who's this?" Big Bird asked.

"Oh, that's just Leonardo Da Vinci." Robert said calmly.

"ISN'T HE DEAD?!" Big Bird yelled.

"Not really." Robert said.

Leonardo was standing there, watching a giant yellow bird be in awe of his presence. 

"You didn't mention your child was an actual bird, I thought that was just a nickname." Leonardo said while looking at Big Bird.

"That's not the most interesting thing about this family." Robert said while walking out of the room.

A/N: Funny monkey pt. 2. Thanks to a friend for helping me with this. I'll keep writing this since I have nothing better to do with my life.