¹ HOME SWEET HOME

AS SHE TAPED UP THE LAST BOX of her things, she reminisced on the memories spent living in the City of Music. The female was surely going to miss the cozy coffee houses and the imperial sights Vienna had offered her. But due to her mother having to relocate back to Tokyo, she did not want her to be lonely, so she made the decision to move back as well.

"Mommy, do we have to go?" her son, Natsuo, frowned wrapping his short arms around her leg.

     "Yes, but you'll love Tokyo, Natsu. I grew up there," she replied, meeting his eye level.

     "Are you sure?"
     "Mhm, I promise."

From the first day she held Natsuo in her arms, she instantly fell in love with him, and not to mention, he reminded her of his father. The woman saw the ravenette in her son every time she looked at him, he was basically a mini Akaashi. And seeing her beautiful baby boy's face once again, she realized she may one day come face-to-face with her ex in Tokyo. She shook her head hoping it would not have to come to that, at least not right away.

Around the time they had broken up, the male did often keep in contact with her during her first few months in Europe, but it had to come to an end at some point. Throughout the four years living in Vienna, she would often see Akaashi's posts on social media of him and Bokuto together. She was glad the duo were still friends even after he graduated, though what saddened her was when her baby daddy got a girlfriend who he met in college. But what did she expect?

The woman tried dating, but she never clicked with any of the men she went out with due to Akaashi leaving such high standards that it was difficult for her to find love again. And keeping pictures and videos of her son to herself bummed her out, she wanted to share it with everyone showing how adorable he was. But she knew someone will put two and two together figuring out who Natsuo's father is, and she did not want to risk it.

And so, her plan was to stay with her mother, Osaka Aika, in their old house while she finds a place for her and Natsuo. Although Aika did not mind them living with her, the girl was already so grateful she had supported her throughout the whole pregnancy and looked after her son.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

Two weeks living in Tokyo flew by in a flash, seeing new businesses that opened along with the nostalgic smell of home. She was currently out job hunting and apartment hunting, it had been a struggle getting a call from the places she applied at. Until just about an hour ago, she received a call from one of the clinics informing her that she has an interview. As she stood with other people waiting to cross the busy street, she saw a familiar face passing by. The one and only, Akaashi Keiji, walked with another man, who she assumed was a friend or possibly a coworker.

As of now, she heard Akaashi is an editor for a Shonen Jump Magazine, it was remotely related to what he had actually wanted. And she was happy for him, it reminded her of their love in high school.

She quickly moved behind a taller woman in front of her, peering her head to the side watching him until he was no longer in her view. Continuing her way home, she sighed wondering if he had saw her, or what she would have said if they spoke to each other. She softly smiled to herself—of course this man still made her heart race, even if she has not seen him in years.

     "I'm home," the girl announced, taking off her stilettos before rubbing the heels of her feet. She heard little footsteps running down the stairs, as she saw Natsuo.