⁸ NANA & PAPA

THE PLAN FOR NATSUO TO FINALLY MEET his other grandparents and auntie was set in motion. Akaashi's family freed up their schedules to see the little bundle of joy, all very excited to spoil the heck out of him. He and his fiancée were not on good terms at the moment, so he decided not to tell her about the dinner—though a part of him felt guilty for keeping it a secret from her.

Akaashi and his sister helped set the table whilst waiting for the arrival of his baby mama and baby boy. Hearing a car pull into the driveway, the male went outside to bring them in. He held a bag packed with Natsuo's necessities—basically his toys, and the woman had their precious son in her arms.

"Hi," his mother said, dragging out the word. Giving her a quick hug, she greeted his father and his sister as well.

"And this is obviously Natsuo. Hi, aren't you a handsome boy?" Mai cooed. "May I hold him?"

     "Yes, of course," she smiled, transferring him to his grandmother's arms. Natsuo frowned, a little shy from the amount of attention he was receiving.

"Don't be shy, baby, this is your nana."
"I thought I already have a nana?"

"Yes, you do. But lucky you, you have two," she said, booping his cute little nose.

"Oh," he mumbled, seeming to understand as he faced Akaashi's mother. "Hi, nana."

     "Aw, you are so adorable," she squeaked, peppering his cheeks with wet kisses.

"My turn, my turn," Koemi whined, sticking her arms out to her baby nephew.

     "Hold on, he should meet his grandfather first. Natsuo, this is your papa," she smiled, letting her husband carry him.

As the woman watched her baby daddy's family fight over who gets to hold him, Akaashi observed her expression. She noticed him staring, "What?"

"Nothing, you just seem happy."
"Well, yeah. I've wanted him to meet your family, too."

He softly smiled, turning back to see his sister talking to his son in a baby voice. And so, they gathered around the dining table, Natsuo sitting in between his parents. Akaashi's family caught up with the female, asking how living in Europe was like, and where she is currently employed at.

"Have you told Natsuo yet?" Kiyo asked, taking a short break from eating.

Akaashi shared a look with the girl before answering his father. "No, not yet. We haven't."

"Why? I'm sure he would be thrilled to know. Has he ever asked about who his dad is?" Mai questioned.

"I'm sorry, but would it be alright if we talk about this when he's not here?" she nervously laughed. Akaashi flashed his family a look as if saying to go along with it.

"Yes, that's fine. I'm sorry, dear," his mother apologized, awkwardly smiling.

     "No, it's totally fine. I, um, just don't want him to get his hopes up," she replied.

The table became quiet as Akaashi turned away to hide his small frown. Could she mean that she does not believe he will commit to their son? But he pushed the thought aside, starting up another topic to break the tension.