¹⁴ WEEKEND AT DADDY'S

AKAASHI ASKED IF HE COULD HAVE NATSUO stay at his place over the weekend since he's never been able to spend the night before. And the ravenette obviously couldn't sleep at his baby mama's apartment without his fiancée assuming that there's "something" going on—plus, it would be straight out inappropriate. Nevertheless, the woman agreed, though a little hesitant if she's being completely honest. Leaving the care of her son in the hands of the blonde? A big fat no. But she did want Akaashi to experience having Natsuo all to himself rather than spending less than twenty-four hours together.

And so, she dropped her baby boy to Akaashi's house on a Friday night. Natsuo reached his little arms up to his daddy, then Akaashi picked him up. "I forgot to mention, but he's been really picky lately. If you could get him to eat something else, then that'd be great," she whispered.

     "What does he usually eat?"
     "Literally chicken nuggets, that's it."

     "For every meal? Do you try to give fruits or vegetables?" he chuckled, taking the bag packed with Natsuo's things.

     "Trust me, he throws a tantrum when it's anything other than his nuggets," she said. "Hopefully, he'll be open to other foods soon. But um, don't forget to brush his teeth before bed. He can't sleep without his toy. What else?"

     "Don't worry, I still have the list you gave me and texted me. I think I can handle it from here," he laughed.

     "I know, I'm sorry. I'm just used to seeing him everyday, so I'm sad I won't see him tomorrow," she frowned.

     "Well, we can video chat with you in the morning and at night if it'll make you feel better," he offered.

"I'd appreciate that. Thank you," she smiled. "Alright, Natsu, mommy's going now. I'll miss you."

"Aren't you staying?" Natsuo asked.

"No, you're staying with daddy for the weekend, remember? But you'll see me Sunday night," she said.

"But I want you and daddy to be together," he pouted.

The two shared a nervous glance. "I know, my love, but you're going to have lots of fun. We'll video chat tonight," she cooed.

"Okay, I love you," he softly smiled, and she scooped his cheeks, peppering his face with kisses.

"And I love you, too, my baby," she said, then unconsciously pulled Akaashi's head, giving him a side kiss with her cheek. "Bye. Let me know if anything happens."

"I will. Say bye to mommy," he waved, and Natsuo waved as well as they waited for her to leave the driveway.

A hint of blush rose to his cheeks from the close contact—sure, it's not her lips, but it's still something. He brought Natsuo to the couch, and put him down as he started to play with his toys. "So, what do you usually do when you're home, Natsuo?" he asked.

"I stay with mommy when she cleans and puts away the boxes," he said.

"Oh, you're not done unpacking?"

Natsuo shook his head, "No, mommy's always busy and sometimes she's too sad to do anything."

Akaashi got curious, pulling his son between his legs. "Why would she be sad?"