¹² SLITHERY LITTLE SNEAKY SNAKE

someone pls get the title
reference or i'll cry but
don't y'all miss vine???

SHE KNEW SHE SHOULD NOT PUNISH Akaashi from seeing their son despite what his bitch ass fiancée did. The news did not faze Natsuo even a little bit, instead he seemed to be in high spirits that he has a father. Meanwhile, for the past few days, the ex setter could not focus on his job nor get a well-rested sleep—constantly tossing and turning majority of the night. He wanted to give his baby mama space, some time to think about their whole dilemma. And so, after the longest two days of Akaashi's life, he felt his stomach drop upon seeing the girl's lovely name light up his phone screen.

"Hey, thank you so much for getting back to me. How are you and Natsuo?" he nervously asked.

"We're fine. And I figured I shouldn't let this affect you from seeing Natsu," she replied.

     "Yes, thank you, thank you. And I'm really sorry again about Etsu, she would actually like to apologize," he said.

     "Oh, really?" she chuckled. "That's pretty funny, considering she pulled that stunt on purpose."

"Don't worry, she realized her mistake. But if now isn't the right time, then it's fine. I'll let her know," he said.

Truthfully, she did not care if the blonde apologized or not. But for the sake of Akaashi and Natsuo's relationship, she decided to be the bigger person. "I'll hear her out," she sighed.

"That's good to hear, thank you. Could you come over after work? I should be home around seven," he asked.

"Um, yeah. Do you want me to bring Natsu? I just have to pick him up from my mom first," she replied.

"Yes, please."
"Alright, will do."

"I'll see you both later. And thank you again, you have no idea how much it means to me," he smiled.

"Akaashi, wait."
"Hm, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I, uh, just wanted to say thank you for not harassing me to get back to you," she mumbled.

     "Of course, I didn't want to pressure you. After all, it's completely your decision," he said, matter-of-factly.

     "Mhm—oh, by the way, Natsuo's actually happy that you're his father. But yeah, I have to go now. Bye," she chuckled.

     "Bye," he said, his phone still next to his ear as he heard her end the call. He softly smiled, glad that his son accepts him as his father—it really tugged on his heartstrings.

𖦹𖦹𖦹

After the woman got off from the clinic, she picked up Natsuo before driving to Akaashi's house. Although she felt iffy receiving an apology from his insane fiancée, she sucked it up. As she parked in the driveway, she unbuckled a very excited Natsuo from his car seat. Pressing the doorbell, Akaashi answered the door within a few seconds.

"Daddy," Natsuo screamed, his eagerness taking over as he immediately hugged around the male's leg.

"Hi, my boy," he cooed, picking up his son in his arms—his stomach full of butterflies. "Thank you for coming."

"No problem," she smiled. Akaashi let her in, and she spotted the blonde bitch sitting on the couch. Etsu flashed a small smile to her, though the female did not return one.

Akaashi guided his baby mama to the couch as he sat beside her with Natsuo on his lap. "Alright, don't you have something to say, Etsu?" he slightly glared at her.

     "Yes, I do. I truly am sorry for the way I acted the other night. My jealousy got the best of me, and I know that's no excuse for what I did, but please forgive me. I really do wish to have a great relationship with you and Natsuo," she smiled, though it seemed as if she rehearsed her little apology.

     "Thank you, and I look forward to our relationship as well," she genuinely smiled, but she will not forgive her easily.

"Oh, thank you. And again, I'm terribly sorry for my actions," Etsu said, a little too enthusiastically.

"Mhm, it's fine. I understand how you must feel."
"Great. I'm glad you two worked it out."

"Natsuo, I have something for you. Would you like to see what it is?" he asked.

"Is it a toy?" Natsuo squeaked, a bright smile plastered on his chubby baby face.

"Maybe," he chuckled, then turned to his son's mother. "Would it be alright if I take him to my room?"

The girl softly smiled whilst nodding, and Akaashi carried Natsuo up the stairs, leaving his fiancée and baby mama alone. Once the boys were out of sight, Etsu leaned back on the single couch, crossing her legs together as she swayed her foot from side to side. "So, do you still love Keiji?" she maliciously smirked.

"Excuse me?" she questioned, raising her brow in bewilderment. "Are you serious right now?"

"I'm just saying, I'm sure you missed him. And now that he's in your life again, all those feelings you had for him in high school are back. Am I right?" she chuckled.

     "Look, I don't know what your deal is, but no. I don't love Akaashi anymore. All he is is the father of our son—nothing more, nothing less," she scowled.

     "Hmph," she quietly laughed. "Don't think that I'm going to let a pathetic baby mama take my man away from me."

Before she could say anything else, the two women heard Akaashi come back down with Natsuo, a new toy in his tiny hands to add to his collection. Etsu put on a fake smile, noticing the way Akaashi's ex looked at her for the girl was so fucking right about her. She knew that half-assed apology meant nothing, but is she going to tell her baby daddy? Nope.

But even if she wanted to, she sensed bad vibes from the blonde, and she did not want to risk putting Natsuo in any sort of danger. Akaashi sat down, placing the boy in the middle. "Look, mommy," he beamed, showing off the plastic toy.

     "That's cute, baby. Did you say thank you to daddy?" she smiled, pushing his soft hair back.

And he forgot, so he turned to Akaashi. "Thank you, daddy," he chirped, opening his small arms for a hug. The ravenette pulled him close, resting his cheek on top of his head.

     "I'm sorry to cut this short, but we should be going now. I have to go in early to work tomorrow," she said.

Akaashi understood, and followed them to her car. He kissed Natsuo goodnight, closing the car door before turning his gaze to the girl. "Um, if it's too soon for the both of you, then it's fine. But Bokuto-san asked if he could have a play date with Natsuo, maybe a dinner at his place?" he asked.

"That sounds fun, I'm sure Natsu will instantly fall in love with Bo. Do you think he'd want to be his godfather?"
"He literally called me in the middle of the night, claiming that he's already his godfather, so yes, he'd love to."

The woman quietly laughed, sending an odd feeling in Akaashi's gut. "Well, text or call me when you figure out the day. Goodnight, Akaashi," she smiled.

"Goodnight. Text me when you get home," he waved as she pulled out of the driveway. He let out a satisfied sigh, internally content that there were no complications during Etsu's apology. Everything seemed to be slowly falling into place, perhaps this could be the start of a mature family relationship with his beloved baby mama and fiancée.

Or so he thought.

edited

y'all are really coming for
etsu in the comments lmao