First part! hope u like.

3rd person POV
Peter was sitting under the old oak tree at the back of the orphanage. His wrist really hurt and so did his head. The reason for this being that he had just gotten beaten to a pulp by none other than the owner of the orphanage, Ms. Modgumrey. Ms. Modgumrey beat Peter pretty often, she has ever since Peter first came to Skimbridge orphanage 10 years ago. When Peter was 3 years old his parents went on a business trip leaving him with his aunt May, but their plane had crashed and they didn't survive. Peter didn't have many memories of his parents, he only remembered simple things like the soft sound of his mother's voice and being held in his father's strong arms. After his parents died Peter's aunt May had gotten custody of him because she was his only living relative(uncle Ben doesn't exist in my au). Aunt May had been extremely kind to Peter. She took care of and loved him. But 2 years after aunt May had gotten custody of him(when he was 5) she died in a fire. He was then sent to the orphanage where he still lived today. Ms. Modgumrey didn't beat the other children, she didn't hate them, she didn't constantly try to make them feel worthless like she did to Peter. Peter didn't know why she hated him so much. He always tried to act good. He got all A's in school, he never stayed out past curfew, he cleaned and cooked and helped take care of the other children. He was honestly the best behaved kid there. But Ms. Modgumrey still hated him. In 2 days it was another adoption day. A few times a month at Skimbridge orphanage they had an adoption day where people could come to the orphanage and adopt children. All the children would dress nice and act extra good because they wanted to get adopted more than anything in the world, but Peter didn't bother to dress or act nice. It's not that he didn't want to get adopted, he honestly wanted to get adopted more than anyone, it was his dream. The reason he didn't bother to try though is because he knew no one would adopt him no matter what. When he was younger Ms. Modgumrey would always tell people that wanted to adopt Peter that he was a trouble maker, that he was mean and Il mannered. She was lying of course, but everyone believed her so Peter never got adopted. And now he's 15, which meant that no one would want to adopt him anyway. The thing is that once your over the age of 10 no one really wants to adopt you because no parent wants to start raising someone at that age. They want a young kid so that they actually get to raise them. So he knew there was no chance of him getting adopted. He'd just have to survive this hellhole for a couple more years until he was old enough to move out. Little did he know that his world was about to change.
------------------------------------------------------------
Soooooo how did you like the first chapter? And comment if you understand the pic up top.