Chapter 2

3rd person POV
Peter had continued to sit under the old oak tree and just think. Think about his life. The people that hated him. The people that loved him. The things he wanted and the things he didn't. He sat there for hours until he realized it was starting to get dark "I should probably go back inside now." He thought. He got up slowly and went inside. All of the other kids were getting ready for bed. Ms. Modgumrey was no where to be seen. Peter grabbed a glass of water and went to his room. At the orphanage each kid got their own room, even Peter, because Ms. Modgumrey was extremely rich. Peter always tried to go to bed early so that he could get at least a little bit of sleep before he went out on patrol. He usually went to sleep around 8 and got up at 12 am. He would put on his spiderman suit and swing out the window. He would usualy end up coming back around 5 or 6 in the morning so he didn't have a chance to sleep more as school started at 8. Once Peter got to his room he set an alarm for 12 and got into bed, making sure to lock his door. 4 hours later Peter awoke to the song "Heathens" by Twenty one pilots. He dragged himself out of bed and put on his spiderman suit, he then climbed out the window and swung through New York. He had been swinging around for about 3 hours, it had been a fairly quiet night so far. He had stopped a fight between 2 drunk girls but that was pretty much it. He decided to take a break and landed on top of a tall building. He looked around at the city he grew up in, all the flashing lights and sirens. "Wait... Sirens? " Peter thought to himself. He realized that something was going on and swung towards the source of the noise. When he got there the sight before him made his breathing quicken. An apartment building was on fire. People were screaming and running around, he saw one little girl that was crying particularly hard and went up to her, pushing away his own panick. "What's wrong?" he asked her "M-my daddy!" she cried "What happened to your dad?" Peter questioned, already half knowing the answer "He's in there! H-he's gonna get hurt!" yelled the crying child "Hey hey, don't worry okay, I'm gonna get your dad out of there safe and sound." Peter said. He then asked a police officer for information. According to the officer there were still 3 people in the building, 1 on the 3rd floor and the other 2 on the 5th. Peter wasted no time swinging up to the 3rd floor and looking around. "Is there anyone here!?" he called out "I  'Cough' I'm here!" yelled a voice. Peter ran over and saw a middle aged man coughing trapped under a pile of rubble "D-dont worry! I'll get you out of here!" Peter yelled. He lifted off all the rubble, which was easy with his super strength, and helped the man to his feet. He swung out the window and put the man on the ground. The little girl Peter had been talking to earlier came running over "Daddy daddy!" she yelled as she tackled the man in a hug. Peter smiled before he swung back to the building, this time going to the fifth floor. It was way smokier and hotter up here so Peter guessed this was where the fire had started. He began looking around for the remaining 2 people, yelling out for them. Eventually he heard someone scream so he ran to them emediately. When he got to them he saw a women holding onto a man who was bleeding from the head. Peter ran over to them and picked up the man, coughing. "I need to get out of here fast! The smoke is starting to get to me." Peter thought as he told the lady to hold onto him tightly. He swung out the window and landed on the ground. The lady let go of him and he emediately ran the man to a medic. The lady thanked him over and over for saving her and eventually he realized it was 5:30 so he started to head back to the orphanage. Once he got there it was 6:04. He got dressed in normal clothes, hiding his suit in a box under his bed. He brushed his teeth and hair, putting on a Unus Annus hoodie and a pair of blue jeans. He went down stairs and started making breakfast. Once he was done he set out all the food, grabbing a piece of toast for himself, and ran out the door grabbing his backpack.
------------------------------------------------------------
Who else loves Unus Annus and is super sad it's over?