A new friend

I've been writing this for days, hope you like it :3

Next day, Izuku went downstairs, as always, to have breakfast, so he could start his usual activities; well, the new ones.

"Good morning," he greeted everyone as he went to the fridge to take out some milk.

No one answered back.

"Ehm... guys, what's wrong? Why are you so quiet?" he asked, a bit freaked out. Perhaps he had done something wrong?

"Deku," Katsuki finally said in a solemn voice.

"Y-Yes? Kacchan?" Izuku was starting to get scared and looked at the door in case he needed to escape.

"Why the fuck did you have such a fucking big smile on your mug when you arrived here?!" He suddenly and aggressively yelled.

"Language!" Iida shouted while making his robotic movements. Everyone ignored him.

"H-Huh? What are you talking about?" the OFA user was no longer scared, but he was now confused.

"You're normally nervous, just like now," Katsuki 'calmly' said. "Why the hell were you smiling?" he now had a wild shit-eating grin.

Izuku now remembered last night.

It was around 9 P.M and he was playing StarCraft 2 with someone he had met in an Among Us match. Both coincidentally played together in most of those matches, and starting chatting a bit over Discord, they were in the same gaming server without knowing and quickly became friends, but they didn't know each other's name nor face.

They got a bit bored of Among Us so they decided to try new games, StarCraft 2 was one of those. Izuku had expected to demolish them, with him being so analytic, but he had the pleasant surprise that she was capable of giving him a challenge. He barely beat GamerGal98.

"Wow, that was hard, how are you so good at this game?" Izuku wrote.

"Well, since this whole pandemic stuff has started I've been playing and reading a lot :3," she answered.

"Ohhhhh, that explains a lot... Wait, do you read? What books are you reading?" he asked.

"Nowadays, I'm reading some fanfiction," Gal immediately wrote by instinct.

"Fanfiction? What's that? o.O," Izuku had heard the term but didn't know its meaning. Also, he didn't notice but if you were silent, you could hear Mina laughing like a crazy villain in front of her computer.

On the other side of the screen, a nervous and blushing Yui Kodai was trying to type an answer but she was assaulted by thoughts like OMG, what if he thinks I'm some kind of pervert?! What do I tell him now?! Me and my big mouth! Or fingers? Anyway, I have to think of an answer! Why did I say that?! Well, write... Not helping!.

Gal didn't answer immediately, Izuku had to wait for about 3 minutes, when she answered.

"Ehm... don't call me a weirdo, but they are stories written by fans for fans based on different fandoms, like movies, games or books." Poor Yui was really nervous about what he was going to say, he was really fun and she appreciated his friendship.

"Wow, that sounds amazing :D, what are your favorite fandoms?" He asked, he was actually interested in this stuff.

"Well, I really like Harry Potter, One Punch Man, some Mahou Shojos, and Tokyo Ghoul," Yui was relieved he wasn't weirded out or anything like that. "Anyways, how are you that good in StarCraft? And what are your favorite fandoms?" she now asked.

"I'm a huge hero fanboy, so I love to analyze everything about them, I even wrote 13 books of analysis hehe -insert nervous smile-"

"Also, I'm a fan of One Punch Man, I might actually try his training; anyways, I also like Shokugeki no Soma, I may or not have done some of the recipes, fun fact, they are actually delicious :3"

Yui actually laughed a bit, she liked those small jokes.

They kept playing until both were about to fall asleep, which was at around 12pm to 1am, anyways, they had a blast and wanted to keep doing it the next day/in a few hours after a much needed sleep.

Back to the present Izuku was smiling again, he really liked to interact with Gal and couldn't wait to keep having fun with her again. Of course, he kept training, he still wanted to be the Number 1 hero and he needed to improve faster than his classmates because of his late start.

"Oi, Deku, I'm talking to you, erase that stupid smile off your face or I'll do it myself," Katsuki growled. He really hated this guy.

"I just had a good dream Kacchan, I don't know what is this about. Don't I have the right to smile like any other human being?" Izuku answered and asked in a barely noticeable sarcastic tone. Sometimes he didn't know why he tried so hard to be friends with Katsuki.

"Not if I can help it." Bakugo turned around and left the kitchen without another word.

"That seemed intense," Shoto said from the doorway, he had been there for a while trying to get any clues on Izuku being All Might's secret child, "care to explain?"

"It's nothing," Midoriya tried brushed it off while taking out some milk.

"My newly acquired detective sense tells me the opposite." Todoroki insisted, still inexpressive.

"Well, your detective sense might need some adjustments," Izuku really didn't want to talk about the topic. "Now, if you excuse me, I have some aliens to kill in my room." He said carrying a bowl of milk and cereal, he didn't notice Mina's horrified face as he passed by her.

A few moments later, Ochaco Uraraka entered the kitchen with a bright smile on her face.

"Good morning everyone," she greeted and then saw Mina still in shock. "Mina? Are you alright? You look just like the time you saw that super scary movie."

"Uraraka," called Shoto, "will you be busy after breakfast?"

"Oh sure, I'm really busy doing nothing more in my room than looking at the walls and thinking about the meaning of life." She said sarcastically while approaching the cabinet.

"Oh, that's important," Todoroki was kind of surprised to hear Ochaco philosophising, he expected her to eat mochi day and night while watching some dramas. "Ok, never mind, maybe Kirishima or Iida can help me help Midoriya."

"Hey, it was a joke, I have so much free time, I don't know what to do with it." She explained with a sweat drop on her forehead. "And what's wrong with Deku? Is he ok?" Uraraka was now worried about his friend.