Chapter 6 "Little Sister"

We sat there for a few moments not moving not saying anything just enjoying the moment. I hear my phone ring so I pull it out of my pocket. It was my mom. "Sorry I have to take this" I say to Finn as I get up off the couch. "Hi mom!"

"Hi sweetie we have some news for you." She states with no emotion in her voice.

"Okay mom what's wrong?" I ask her

"Well we can no longer afford to pay for your apartment to attend school there" she says quietly.

"Does that mean that I have to come back home?" I ask sadly

"Well yes" she says "this week will be your last week"

"What about everyone I know here? What about my acting career? I just got the lead of the play mom I've been looking forward to that for months!" I say about to cry.

"I'm sorry hun. We just can't afford it right now." She says

"Okay bye mom" I say trying not to let her hear me cry

"Bye sweetie" she says before I hear phone call end.

Finn looks up at me "what's wrong y/n" he asks.

"My mom just called" I start crying "she said I couldn't go to school here anymore and that I have to go back home"

Finn gets up and wraps his arms around me. "Was there a reason?" He asks softly.

"She said that my family couldn't afford me living here." I manage to get out.

"Why don't you come live with me?" He asks.

"I don't want to be a burden to you and your family" I say.

"You wouldn't be!" He says "I promise. You can sleep in my room and I can sleep on the couch! And my brother, he would love you! He's just like me but less attractive. And Jack basically lives at my house too so you would get to see him everyday! And every morning we can skate and you can continue going to school!"

"Would your parents mind?" I ask him starting to feel better.

"I'm not living with my parents right now because we are filming. Just my brother and me." He states really trying to get me to say yes.

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes I am so sure! It would be nice having someone else around. Plus I've always wanted a little sister!" He states. Ouch not even friend zoned, sister zoned.

"Okay fine but only for a little bit!" I say and he gives me the biggest smile.

He picks me up and continues hugging me. "Yes this is going to be so much fun!" He states "After it stops raining we can go look at my house and figure out how to set you up and everything"

"Okay but you can't be mean!" I say being serious but also teasing him.

"Fine!" He says "I'll try to be nice"

"I still don't understand why you are mean sometimes" I say pouting.

"It's complicated but I'll try to stop" he says in a baby voice.

"Thank you" I say responding in a baby voice.

"But then you have to do what I ask you to do" he says looking down at the cut on my hand which had no bandage on it.

"Fine bossy man" I respond.

"I'm just trying to protect you. Don't be stubborn" he states

"I'll try not to be. It's just annoying listening to you" I respond again.