Chapter 11 "Maybe"

We all get to the ice cream place and order. After we get our ice cream we sit down at a small table. Noah and I were on one side. Finn and my friend were on the other. "So how long have you guys been going to that drama school?" Noah asks as we get settled in.

"We've always done plays together and stuff so we have been pretty immersed in the world of drama but she started school two years ago and I'm a first year" I answer.

"So wait you got the lead as a first year?" Noah asks sounding impressed.

"I was just as surprised!" I add "I usually never got the leads but this teacher must like me or something."

"Teachers pet" my friend says. I couldn't tell if she was joking. I hope she was. She knew why I was nice to teachers. I was nice to teachers because it would get me more scholarships and I needed them because my family didn't have a lot of money.

"Hey she's not a teachers pet! She's respectful!" Noah says sticking up for me. Finn wasn't saying anything, he was just eating his ice cream and enjoying the drama.

"Why are you getting so defensive? It was a joke!" My friend says responding to Noah's comment.

"Guys calm down it's okay!" I say trying to break it up. It was a failed attempt but it was worth a try.

"No she can't just talk to you like that. If she is your friend then she should support you. She is probably just jealous because you got Stella and she didn't." Noah says angrily.

"You know what not everything is about y/n! I should have gotten the role of Stella and we all know it!" My friend says. I felt so empty, my best friend saying that about me. Maybe I should have seen this coming. I mean she blew me off for her boyfriend anyway and then kept talking to me like nothing happened.

"Guys I'm gonna head home. I have to finish packing anyways" I say quietly. I get up and throw most of my ice cream away. I was not in the mood to stay in there any longer.

"Hey y/n are you good?" Noah asks before I leave.

"I'm fine. Enjoy the ice cream!" I say before walking out. I hop onto my skateboard figuring that it would get me away from there faster than walking would.

"Y/n wait up!" I hear a deep voice behind me say. I knew it was Finn so I just kept going. He would catch up with those long legs of his "y/n please stop skating away I want to make sure you're okay." He states. I reluctantly get off the board picking it up at the same time.

"I said I was fine I just really need to pack." I answer.

Finn continues "Y/n you can tell me how you feel you know? I'm not going to judge you or anything. You need an outlet for your emotions. Your family is out of state and your friend just-"

"Yeah okay I get it" I state cutting him off "I just thought she would be happy for me. After all of those years I'm the one who finally gets the lead, who finally gets attention for once in her life and who finally finds a boy that she is actually interested in. I don't understand why she can't just say she's happy for me. She can be jealous deep down inside but she doesn't need to say it to my face"

"Well she's not a good friend" Finn says "but friends come and go anyways. I know that you might be upset now but think about it. You have Jack, Jaeden, Wyatt, Chosen, Jeremy, Noah and well me"

"Can I have a hug?" I ask gently. That was really all I needed right now. Just touch. Finn gently wraps his arms around me. My head resting on his chest. He smelled nice. Not like cologne or axe just nice. I didn't even bother to wrap my arms around him. I was so comfy just in that moment.