Chapter 9 "Powerful"

"Wake up wake up!" My friend yells in my face "we need to get to school early for reading through the script!"

"Ugh I hate mornings!" I get out of bed and my friend already has my outfit picked out for me and my school stuff packed up "what would I do without you?"

"You would be late and you still might be so hurry up!" She says rushing me into the bathroom to change.

I change into my outfit and put my hair into a messy bun. It was just school so I didn't care about looking like I just got out of bed. "Okay let's go!" I yell at my best friend grabbing my school bag and skateboard. We skate to the school as fast as we can and go to the drama room.

"Ah our leading lady has arrived!" The teacher exclaims as I walk in. She hands my friend and I our scripts and we sit down in a circle with the rest of the cast.

"Congratulations!" The boy next to me says smiling "my name is Noah" he holds out his hand.

"I'm y/n!" I shake his hand "are you by any chance playing Will?" I asked him. I hope that he was. He was really cute and nice.

"Sadly not. I'm Poe" he responds. Poe was Stella's best friend.

"That's still an amazing part!" I respond. "Do you know who's playing Will?"

"No idea. Apparently they have more people coming in to try out" he explains

"Oh they didn't like anyone so far?" I ask

"Well I'm not really supposed to say anything but they have talent scouts coming to this and they want everything to be perfect" he says quietly

"Woah that's a lot of pressure" I respond.

"You'll do great. The teacher has been talking about your audition for the past ten minutes. She said that you were perfect for Stella" he says with a smile.

"I hope so" I say sighing.

"Okay boys and girls I need Ms y/n and Mr Noah to come into the other room with me. We are still trying to decide on the part of Will and we need you guys to help" the teacher says. Noah and I stand up and follow her into the other room. There are several teenage boys standing by the wall talking. They all look familiar. I notice one right away Louis Partridge. He has been all over my Tik Tok fyp. I didn't know that they were going to have people that were so respected in this. "We are still waiting for one more person so talk amongst yourselves."

"Wow I didn't know that famous actors were going to be in this" I whisper to Noah

"I'm a famous actor you know?" He whispers back to me "I'm in a series called Stranger things"

"I've never seen it" I respond "wait do you know Finn Wolfhard?"

"Yeah I actually told him that he should come and try out for Will" he exclaims.

"Is he going to?" I ask.

"Yeah he's the one who is late. He wouldn't let me drive him because he wanted to ride his skateboard." He says. Shit. Why would Finn agree. If he gets the part of Will that would be so awkward. At that moment I hear the door behind me open.

"Sorry I'm late" I hear a voice say. I turn around to see Finn... greattttt.

"It's okay everyone take a seat. Y/n and Noah you guys can sit against the wall and watch." The teacher tells everyone.

I sit against the wall next to Noah. There five guys that were trying out for the part of Will. I only knew Finn and Louis but they all looked familiar. "This shouldn't take long. The teacher said that she wanted to get class started right away" Noah says.