Let Me In.

Y/n's pov:

Keigo has been through a lot in his life, I can tell. He's told me a little about how the hero commission treats him and how they raised him.

Because of all the emotional abuse that he's been put through, he's built up these walls around himself. The hero commission changed Keigo by building a different person for him to shield himself with. This person is known as Hawks.

What's the difference between Keigo and Hawks? Let me tell you.

Keigo is quiet, insecure, scared to feel, scared to love, touch deprived. Very very touch deprived. Keigo has never felt loved. Keigo hates himself. Keigo hates being the center of attention and he hates being praised for the hero work he does. He hates being in the spot light. He isn't the kind of guy that's into one night stands. He wants a commited relationship, someone to hold him and let him know it's ok. Keigo wants someone to break through his barriers. But above all else, he wants acceptance. He wants someone to see past his act and see his true self. He wants someone to accept him. All of him. He wants someone to love all of him and help him better himself.

But Hawks on the other hand, Hawks is a flirty douche bag, he's overly confident, has a huge ego, he loves attention. He loves being in the spotlight. He loves the praise for his hero work. He isn't the type for commitment. He often will have one night stands because that's what he was taught to do as soon as he hit puberty. He was tossed a box of condoms and told "you're a teenage now. Teenage boys have needs that need to be met. If you feel lonely then go find someone to have sex with. Just make sure you don't get anyone pregnant or contract an diseases." But it never helped. It only taught him that commitment isn't an option for him. Because once those barriers are down, his true self shows. "No one likes a soft boy." That's been drilled into his head since day one.

"Keigo babe, come here" I called out from the bed. Keigo quickly came in and climbed on top of me. "Yes my little love bird?" He said with that signature 'Hawks' smirk. I smiled and kissed his cheek then pulled him into a tight hug. "Stay here with me. We need to talk about something important."

Keigo hugged my waist and got comfortable with his head on my chest. I stroked his hair as he wrapped his wings around us, shielding us from the rest of the world. "What did you wanna talk about, little dove?"

I blushed at the nickname and continued to stroke his hair. "We're gonna talk about you Keigs." He stayed quiet to tell me to continue so I did.

"Babe you've told me about the Commission, you've told me about how they trained you and how they treat you." He hummed in agreement.

I put my hand under his chin and made him look up at me. He had that same look in his eyes. "This is what I'm talking about. Your eyes." He looked at me in confusion.

"No matter who you're acting as, no matter if you're being Hawks or Keigo, your eyes hold the same emotion. I can see the pain in your eyes baby. I can see the emotion wanting to be free. I can see emptiness."

Turning into Hawks has turned into a defense mechanism to suppress his feelings and he knew that. And that's exactly what was happening now.

"Whatttt? I don't know what you're talking about sweet cheeks I am happy all the time" he said with his famous wink. "Hawks, give me Keigo. I want to speak to Keigo, not his hero act." I gently caressed Keigo's wings as I felt him relax into me.

We laid in silence until Keigo finally spoke. "Ok.. You're right.. You always are. But this is who I am little dove. I don't know how to feel anymore."

"That's not true Keigs. You have these barriers around yourself that keep you from feeling. In order to feel, you have to let those barriers fall. Let me break down those barriers Keigo. Let me in."

He slowly snuggled into me more.

"I know what's been drilled into your head and it's not true."

"No one likes a soft boy."

"It's not true Keigo. I love you. I love you so much. I'd risk my life for you Keigo, in fact I have. I want to see the real you. I want the you that's holding in all that sadness."

Keigo stayed quiet as he took my words in and let them into his heart. I was starting to get to him. I was slowly breaking those barriers.

"I-I... I love you too y/n.. More than I could ever tell you.."

I smiled at his words. I really was getting through to him.

"Birdie I know you're trying to push down all the sadness that's breaking through those barriers. I can hear it in your voice. Let it out.."

I could feel his hold on me tighten as he snuggled into my neck. Quiet sniffles involuntarily left his mouth. I held him and caressed his cheek.

"That's it baby.. Let it all out.."

I stroked his hair with the hand that wasn't on his cheek.

"You aren't alone, Keigo Takami. I am right here with you and I'm never leaving. I am going to be right next to you every step of the way on your path to bettering yourself."

The next few hours slowly passed by as Keigo cried, laughed, yelled, and just let all of his emotion out.

I did it. I really did it. After months ot trying to get through to him, I finally did it. I broke through his barriers. He's finally letting himself feel. He's allowing himself to really feel my love.

Keigs eventually fell asleep, due to the exhaustion of the last few hours.  I can only imagine the amount of stuff running through his head. He needed his rest so I let him.

I laid there away, admiring the beauty of my birdy boyfriend. Stroking his hair and admiring how much I loved him. It's all I could ever ask for.