Everything Changes At Some Point.

I might make a Hawks x Reader book based on this if y'all want it-
_______________________________________

It's been a few weeks since the big fight. The fight that cost Keigo Takami, also known as former number 2 pro hero Hawks, one of the things he values most. His wings. And as I'm sure you can guess, his job.

During these few weeks Keigo has been quiet unstable mentally. But really, can you blame him? His life completely changed in a matter of a few hours.

Enough talk now, let's see how he's doing.

Y/n's pov:

It's around 10am and Keigo is still asleep. He's never slept this late before. Even before he was a hero, he was always up at the crack of dawn. Things have been so hard for Keigs. I wish there was more I could say to help him.. But I can't. So instead, I just do the same thing I do every morning, wake him up with breakfast in bed.

I placed the plate of freshly cooked food on a small tray with a fork and a glass of orange juice. Being as quiet as I could, I picked the tray up and carried it to the bedroom I share with Keigo. I carefully opened the door and walked over to the bed, quietly setting the tray of food on the small table next to the bed. Keigo always looked so peaceful in his sleep. I sat next to him and carefully cupped his face in my hand, slowly and lightly rubbing my thumb on his cheek.

"Keigo~" I coaxed in a soft tone, trying to peacefully wake him up. He didn't even twitch. I sighed to myself and rubbed his shoulder, trying to stay away from his back, as it was still very painful to him when touched. He furrowed his brows in slight annoyance from being woken up. He just groaned and shoved his face into the pillow.

"Keigs babe, I made you breakfast so you need to wake up~" I coaxed again. He finally gave in and looked up at me. "Rise n' shine princess." I teased and planted a kiss on his forehead. "I'm supposed to be the teasy one." He mumbled out. I playfully rolled my eyes and handed him the tray of food as he sat up next to me. "Well you've been lacking on the teasing lately so I just decided to pick up the slack." I said, sending him a playful wink.

He started eating his food while I grabbed fresh gauze and bandages from the bathroom to replace the ones on his back. He saw me coming with the stuff and his shoulders slumped. He hated it but he knew he needed it or he would die of an infection.

I set the stuff up on the small table next to the bed and sat back down next to Keigo. "How are you feeling today?" I asked as I intertwined his fingers with mine, pulling his hand to my mouth and placing a soft kiss on it. He smiled at my action but frowned at my question. "I'm doing fine I guess.." He trailed off and went back to eating. "And what does "I'm fine I guess.." Really mean?" I asked as I slid his shirt off over his head.

He furrowed his brows and looked at me. "Do we really have to do this? You know I don't like talking about my feelings. I don't know how too." I sent him a soft smile. "Well, for starts, you just did. You told me your feelings. But back to your question, yes. We talked about this Kei. You refused the therapist that the doctor recommended so you have to talk to me instead. There's no way around this one. You trust me with your feelings and you can be your honest self around me."

He tensed up a bit as I started taking off the old bandages. "Sorry Kei.. I know it hurts.." I sighed and continued until they were all off. I hate this part just as much as he does. I hate causing him pain. He grabbed my hand causing me to look up at his face. "You don't have to be sorry baby I know you don't like hurting me. But regardless, I deserve it anyway."

"Keigs.. That's not true.." I set the bandages down and went back to sit in front of him. He kept his eyes on the bed, refusing to make eye contact with me. He had the same look of regret in his eyes that he's had since the fight. "Yes it is. I hurt people y/n. This is what I deserve." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a hug. "That is not true Keigo and you know that. You did what you had to do so you wouldn't die. It would be different if you just did it because you wanted to but that's not what happened. You didn't want to do it I can see it in your eyes."

Keigo sighed and buried his face in the crook of my neck while I ran my fingers through his hair. "Don't beat yourself up too much baby.. Tell ya what. I'm going to change your bandages and take the dirty dishes into the kitchen and when I come back, you and I will lay right here and we can cuddle as much as you want but you have to talk. You have to get at least a few emotions out." I continued stroking his hair as his muscles started to relax in my arms. "Ok.." He mumbled out.

"I'll only be a few minutes." I slowly stood up and I brought his dishes to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. I walked back into the bedroom and Keigo was laying on his stomach so I had easy access to his back. "Sit up for a second babe" I said as I walked back over to the bed. He sat up and looked at me in question. I cupped his face in my hands and kissed him. It's been a while since we've shared a kiss I really needed one. He slowly started to kiss me back and tangle his fingers in my hair.

He pulled away and pressed his forehead to mine. We sat in a comfortable silence while he collected his thoughts. "I'm going to change your bandages while you think, ok?" I said softly as I started to pull away from him. He nodded and let me go.

His burns are starting to look a lot better compared to a few weeks ago but it's still going to take a few more weeks for them to heal completely. I carefully cleaned the area while planting kisses on the top of Keigo's head every so often. I could tell it hurt him but he won't let himself show it. "I have to go grab a little more gauze pads, I'll be right back baby" I said as I walked back into the bathroom.

I came back and set everything up then grabbed Keigo's hand in mine. "I love you." I said and placed a kiss on his hand. He smiled slightly. "I love you too." I let his hand go and redressed his back and his other wounds. He sat in silence, probably still thinking. As I was cleaning everything up Keigo finally broke the silence. "I'm sorry for being such a burden to you.." I immediately set everything in my hands down and climbed into bed with him, pulling him down into my arms so he would rest his head on my chest.

"You are not a burden Keigo. You never will be. You are the love of my life babe it's my job to take care of you. You've been taking care of me for so long so now it's my turn to take care of you. Not once have I thought of you as a burden and I never will. Think of this as... Just my way of repaying you. You did all this to protect me. You saved my life. This is how I'm thanking you."

He snuggled into my chest and held my hand. "Thank you for everything that you do. I'd probably be dead if I didn't have you.." I kissed his forehead and squeezed his hand in mine. "I'm here and I'll never let you go. You aren't alone anymore Kei. Now now that I'm here you'll never be alone again. I'll always be your shoulder to cry on."