Chapter 3: The Dream

Y/n: your name
L/n: Last name
N/n: Nickname
Somewhat in the past. Before the alchemy test.
-
Y/n pov

"Please stay.."

I woke up to the sun shinning, a cool breeze fled in the room through my open window.  The curtains looked like they were flying.

I scramble to the desk and quickly whipped out some spare paper to quickly draw the guy's face.

I was very surprised by how sharp his eyes looked. They looked focused and strong. He was so light hearted and yet his voice was so..

Very raspy.. and a bit deep.

"aaauuuggggg what was his nameee??"

He looked foreign and from his clothes he seemed to be of high class.

" clan... he didn't say his name but he said something about his clan.."

I started organizing the bedroom until it finally clicked together.

"The .. clan.. the yi-.. mmhh no the ya-something clan..-"

I heard 2 knocks and heard Mr. Hughes talk

"Hey y/n I'm heading out  I couldn't visit the library for too long so you should go instead"

"Okay Mr. Hughes"

I got my clothes on and packed in books, notes from last night and pens. I paused then I saw the sketch of the man in my dreams.

"Should I?... mmhh nope"

I was about to get out the room until I grabbed it last minute.

"I guess I can still take you with me, Mrs. Hughes!I'm going to the library, do you guys want anything?"

"No thank you y/n"

She smiled. I nodded and started heading to the library.

'She reminds me a lot about mom.. they both do.'

I waited for the traffic to calm down.

'The y__ clan....  The-'

"Hey Thomas, you back from visiting xing?"

I paused and took my small note book out.

'Xing...'

"You mean the most beautiful eastern country? Yes!! "

'Xing —-> Eastern country
- eastern names
-culture of xing'

"There was so much Gold man, it was perfect. The people were honest workers and they really reassured tourists had a great time. I had the best view or the palace. You should've been there, we even saw some princes and princesses come down from the palace. Apparently the emperor is from the Yao clan and has around 23 sons and daughter's."

In all

'Xing—-> eastern country
-eastern names
-culture + practices
-Lots of gold =Alchemy??
-palace and sit at the top
-Yao clan
-23 sons-'

"Oops, I'm sorry miss I didn't see-"

"Thank you so much!! And thank you, I really hope your trip was the best of them all!"

I sprinted to the library and started to build my knowledge up and up. I ended up learning the geography of the land and how it was a monarchy, they used  alchemy is used for medical purposes but it's didn't say much about it.

I came home and asked Mr. Hughes about the eastern country xing. He recommended becoming a state alchemist instead of asking him about everything so I considered it.

"You might be on to something Mister"

He laughed and poured gravy all over the meatloaf.

"Eat up now, we're still eating dinner HAHAHA"

"Alright"

-
Word count: 533